ADVERTISEMENT

Oblad gets the start

He’s listed at the top of the depth chart. It also says or. I assume Oblad gets the start.

I don't see Hester on the depth chart so I assume that he may be one of the players with Covid

I don't see Hester on the depth chart so I assume that he may be one of the players with Covid
Also left off: Grimes, Presley, Stevenson, Tjechman, Magyar, Leshaun Bell, and Brennan Scott.

Assuming most, if not all of these players may have been left off due to COVID.

If it stays this way, may not matter who the QB will be as the receiver corp will be thin.

That is way more than the 2.5% infected players the coach suggested.
Was the 2.5% cumulative through all 2 days if testing to that time? Cause if they had undergone 300 or so tests (applesauce 100, 3x each) that's closer to 2.5%...

Curious if there are also opt-outs unannounced.

Was the 2.5% cumulative through all 2 days if testing to that time? Cause if they had undergone 300 or so tests (applesauce 100, 3x each) that's closer to 2.5%...

It’s a demographic the bug is going to wildly run through. We’ve seen it happen everywhere with this age group.

To me, opt out. Or we are sitting among one another without masks in a room for a couple of hours in June. It’s inevitable. And they’ll be fine. If they don’t think so, opt out.

But I’d rather have symptomatic only tested, but that’d be few and far between.

Are we sure it’s K.O.? Grimala’s article makes it sound like it’s still in the air.

During his weekly conference call on Monday, Arroyo dodged questions about the quarterback battle, only letting on that the field has been trimmed from four contenders to three over the last week. With freshman Doug Brumfield confirmed to be out of the running, it’s now down to redshirt sophomores Kenyon Oblad and Justin Rogers and senior Max Gilliam.

Arroyo did not comment on any of the contenders individually, only noting that he generally likes the progress they’ve made throughout the truncated preseason.

“We’ve probably got it closer to three guys,” Arroyo said. “Those guys have begun to elevate their process this past week, understand the urgency in which we’re up against in regards to getting ready for a game week. Lots to learn, lots to still do but they’ve been excited to do that and they have a good look in their eye and that’s important.”

With training camp and regular practices closed to media due to COVID-19, there is no insight to be had regarding the QB competition. Don’t expect Arroyo to name a starter until UNLV and the Aztecs have both taken the field on Saturday.

Here’s the depth chart for the SDSU game. Even though KO is listed first it clearly says “OR” so who knows. CMA might surprise us.

That’s not accurate. Couple of the players marked starters are out with covid from what I was told by someone in administration.

Not sure what I was trying to say this morning when I got corrected to applesauce. Maybe approximately?

Either way...

MWC announces guidelines for canceled games, including 7.5% positivity rate. Other limitations are copycat from P12, position numbers available and total player numbers available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT