ADVERTISEMENT

Now JC 4* QB

Oh i don’t think the coaching staff meant anything behind this. But i do think it has the potential for some unintentional mind games.

Both have 3 years to play 3 with Gilliam leaving Cal after not getting the starting nod as a freshman.
As a pocket passer, it seem to be a weird headache that doesn't fit the direction of what the offense had been built for.

I don’t read too much into it. There was a need for a backup with some experience.

This kid isnt signing with UNLV to be a backup for 3 years. I also think the staff must have concerns at the QB position for them to bring him in when he has the same amount of eligibility left as the incumbent.

I see it as they lost two scholarship QBs with Stanton and Palandech graduating. Leaving you with Armani and Marckell Grayson as the only ones on roster. You had to bring in 2 for depth. Makes sense to have one JUCO (older guy) and one HS guy. No Starting UNLV QB has started every game in a season in like 20 years, injuries, etc. are almost a given. Having a guy with college game experience was necessary as a functional backup while Marckell and Kenyon mature. The Cal angle is interesting but i'm excited to have a stable full of stud QBs. Armani's the guy but good to know we're in good shape if he goes down.

Reactions: ricovegas
This kid isnt signing with UNLV to be a backup for 3 years. I also think the staff must have concerns at the QB position for them to bring him in when he has the same amount of eligibility left as the incumbent.

I just think Sanchez hates quarterbacks. He has to find a way to crush the confidence of every QB on the roster. He's very creative in doing so. If there isn't a QB controversy, he'll make one.

Reactions: Nc2165
Could he be coming in as an athlete? He didnt exactly light up the Juco ranks.

10 TD's with 6 Ints & 1185 yards in 10 games. His Huddle page shows a lot of QB runs

Reactions: colonelreb
I don't understand the concern here. First of all Gilliam isn't the reason why Rogers decommitted from Cal. Second teams sign high quality players at the same position they have starters all the time. Competition is good and we need an experienced backup. I doubt he beats Rogers out for the job but it would be good if he is pushed.

This happens at most schools all the time. The truth is we are very thin at QB right now. Besides Rogers we have no QB that has ever taken a snap and one of them is a true freshman not even on campus yet. This is a great signing.

This kid isn't signing with UNLV to be a backup for 3 years.....
I wouldn't want him if he didn't think that he could win the starting job. No matter what the reservations are, the positives on this greatly out weigh the negatives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT