ADVERTISEMENT

Not the First Time

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
We seem to schedule this type of game (at least it seems like it to me ) every year. Day after Thanksgiving, guys have been laying around eating food, visiting with family and friends, just knocked off a couple of cup cakes, full of themselves and we bring a team to town that has that David and Goliath attitude. It’s their biggest game of the year, in the biggest venue they will play in against UNLV.

We aren’t what we used to be but everybody else still wants to beat us at least as much as they want to beat anybody else on their schedule. We still have that stigma associated with us.

I say “No More Games the Day After Thanksgiving”.

But one thing to be thankful for is that this year we seem to have a back line (hockey term I think) that can come in to provide a spark. Beck played well as did Hamilton & Amauri off the bench. Amauri is definitely pushing for a starting position and should teams continue to zone us it may happen.

Dembele absolutely has no hands, did I say no hands, I mean no hands. There is absolutely no reason to pass him the ball or ask him to grab a rebound. He has no hands. We used to have another guy that had no hands, maybe during the Kampala era, can’t remember.

We seem to schedule this type of game (at least it seems like it to me ) every year. Day after Thanksgiving, guys have been laying around eating food, visiting with family and friends, just knocked off a couple of cup cakes, full of themselves and we bring a team to town that has that David and Goliath attitude. It’s their biggest game of the year, in the biggest venue they will play in against UNLV.

We aren’t what we used to be but everybody else still wants to beat us at least as much as they want to beat anybody else on their schedule. We still have that stigma associated with us.

I say “No More Games the Day After Thanksgiving”.

But one thing to be thankful for is that this year we seem to have a back line (hockey term I think) that can come in to provide a spark. Beck played well as did Hamilton & Amauri off the bench. Amauri is definitely pushing for a starting position and should teams continue to zone us it may happen.

Dembele absolutely has no hands, did I say no hands, I mean no hands. There is absolutely no reason to pass him the ball or ask him to grab a rebound. He has no hands. We used to have another guy that had no hands, maybe during the Kampala era, can’t remember.
I’ll take a stab here. Omari Pearson.

The older I get the more I forget I'm trying number we had a power forward that was a good at finishing by the rim but the ball would
Bounce of his hands all the time I looked up Edwards stats he had almost 2 turnovers game so I thought maybe it was him. Maybe Q wasn't masamba? And for sure it wasn't no way in hell W.White. probably when my favorite rebels over the last 20 years

The older I get the more I forget I'm trying number we had a power forward that was a good at finishing by the rim but the ball would
Bounce of his hands all the time I looked up Edwards stats he had almost 2 turnovers game so I thought maybe it was him. Maybe Q wasn't masamba? And for sure it wasn't no way in hell W.White. probably when my favorite rebels over the last 20 years
QT had poor hands. Very poor. Massamba had great hands.

QT had poor hands. Very poor. Massamba had great hands.
And hands are weird. Until I saw bad hands with some post men, I didn’t know bad hands existed with athletes. It seems like an absolute necessity to playing sports. Sure, some receivers have better hands than other but they are still good hands.

Playing ball growing up, I had great hands, it’s why I was a middle infielder. Need great hands and you need to be a ballerina. Hands and feet are a must. I never thought I had great hands, I figured everyone playing did. To me they were just hands.

Then I seen some of these guys trying to catch clean entires into the post and it’s like they were doing the shark chomp with oven mittens on.

You're telling me these guys had worse hands than Dembele? Dembele can barely eat with his hands they're so bad.

I will say it again even more emphatically, DON'T EVER THROW THE BALL TO DEMBELE, better yet don't ever put him in the game. Either go small or put Jonathan in if Diong is in foul trouble or needs a break. End of discussion.

Its not just that Dembele's skills are not developed (despite having a full year on Diong), its that his confidence appears to have been crushed too. Thats the worst part. Damaged goods. He's pretty much useful only as a practice player at this point.

You think he’s got the worst hands ever seen in UNLV history?

I think a case can be made.

Did everyone forget Beas Hamga? hands of stone.
Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner! That’s who I was thinking of. So now the question is Who Has The Worst Hands Between Dembele & Hamga?

Nobody else comes close.

Last edited:
I hope someone sits Dembele down and talks to him about a certain Joel Anthony who didn't impress me as a junior at all. He was every bit as ineffective and a liability on offense as Dembele is now but redshirted and kept working hard to maximize his strengths. He was never an option on offense but he was a hell of an enforcer in the paint. Don't know if Dembele has that in him but he won't find out if he gives up on himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT