ADVERTISEMENT

Not gonna pile on...

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
but clearly there’s a disconnect. You don’t look how we did in November and early December and then as we have the past three weeks. Something is wrong. This ain’t tired. This isn’t being a team without talent. This isn’t a team with low experience. They aren’t clicking at all and it is some of the dumbest, most choking basketball you’ll see. “Winning time” and “The House” is a nightmare. It’s not the first time it’s happened at UNLV but that doesn’t make it any better.

Anyway, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there’s still something to play for. 5th place or above in conference so we can avoid a first round game and have a chance in the MWCT. That’s way down the line and none of it matters much if this team can’t cure what ails it. The week off did zero good. We dropped a home game to a bad team who hasn’t won on the road. Not to take care of business... makes no sense. Can’t cite it as an outlier because this is a one month (or so) stretch. The staff has gotta reach these guys. The guys gotta dig down.

I wish I could find some silver linings. Diong was really nice tonight.

Frustrated that this is continuing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News