ADVERTISEMENT

Not a UNLV Fan just thought yall would like this news

Jirao

Walk On
Sep 1, 2019
From USCFootball.com
9ae2829c68cd8199cd70d2affca912b7.png

Looks like this going to be like the basketball search.

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-unlvs-search/

Word in the coaching profession is that UNLV AD Desiree Reed-Francois has been on the hunt for a young, up and coming coordinator. In fact, we have heard she is hoping to find “the next Lincoln Riley or Ryan Day”.

While there seem to be no shortage of experienced head coaches who want the job (sources tell FootballScoop Butch Jones, Jim Mora Jr. and Steve Sarkisian would all be interested), Reed-Francois seems intent on finding what she is looking for.

This afternoon, Joe Arrigo (who covers the Rebels for 24/7) tweeted that Reed-Francois has interviewed USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell for the position. While it seems unlikely Harrell would choose that opportunity over his current job, or whatever Texas is about to offer him, it is indicative of where this search is headed.

We are aware of several Power 5 offensive coordinators who had the potential to be considered for the position but declined to interview.

Will be interesting to see if Reed-Francois can find “the next _______” or if she ultimately decides one of these more experienced candidates truly is the best fit for her program (and budget).

Word in the coaching profession is that UNLV AD Desiree Reed-Francois has been on the hunt for a young, up and coming coordinator. In fact, we have heard she is hoping to find “the next Lincoln Riley or Ryan Day”.

While there seem to be no shortage of experienced head coaches who want the job (sources tell FootballScoop Butch Jones, Jim Mora Jr. and Steve Sarkisian would all be interested), Reed-Francois seems intent on finding what she is looking for.

This afternoon, Joe Arrigo (who covers the Rebels for 24/7) tweeted that Reed-Francois has interviewed USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell for the position. While it seems unlikely Harrell would choose that opportunity over his current job, or whatever Texas is about to offer him, it is indicative of where this search is headed.

We are aware of several Power 5 offensive coordinators who had the potential to be considered for the position but declined to interview.

Will be interesting to see if Reed-Francois can find “the next _______” or if she ultimately decides one of these more experienced candidates truly is the best fit for her program (and budget).

Toss enough names out there bound to be right eventually..

I mean, the report fits DRF's profile perfectly.

From what we know with basketball and a few others she has been a part of, yep.

That's why early on, I thought guys like Harrell, Gonzales, Arroyo, Scalley, Avalos, Hill made some sense. Plus their region familiarity.

No sources, but with what info we do have, and how football tends to be more regional because of recruiting ties, I thought/think any of those guys might get a look.

First-time poster but long time lurker. To my knowledge, Arrigo has never said she interviewed anyone until today, and he has ties to USC. When it comes to football I trust him, but basketball is another story.

Interesting tid bit if true. Harrell is interesting. Without being privy to how each person interviews, I’d say that Kalen DeBoer intrigues a little more than Harrell at this point, but would be fine with Harrell providing he could get a good staff together.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Interesting tid bit if true. Harrell is interesting. Without being privy to how each person interviews, I’d say that Kalen DeBoer intrigues a little more than Harrell at this point, but would be fine with Harrell providing he could get a good staff together.

That would be the big question.

What type of staff could he or a DeBoer put together..

Absolutely. Key bit of the puzzle...$1.8 should be enough to lure Scalley. Unless he knows Whittingham is at the end or something

Whittingham is signed through 2022 or 2023 I think.

Its been rumored for awhile that Scalley might be the heir apparent there.

But 1.8 million if that is a legit number would be tough to turn down.

Not to mention, if he or anybody else with a similar resume came in here and could get the Rebs bowling a few times over 2 or 3 years, a lot of bigger would come calling.

If Whittingham plans to fulfill his contract, he could always get the job then too. That being said , IF he could truly turn UNLV around he could go anywhere he wants

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Yost, Harrell, and DeBoer are all interesting names I think. I would love to see UNLV with an Air Raid offense

First-time poster but long time lurker. To my knowledge, Arrigo has never said she interviewed anyone until today, and he has ties to USC. When it comes to football I trust him, but basketball is another story.

Mark Anderson us tweeting that there was no interview...

So somebody is wrong...

Here is the post. Some are saying he is lying.

Yall imagine Sark at UNLV? Yeesh. I mean, I wouldnt be upset but the combination of that guy and this city.

Also I thought I read somewhere that it was confirmed that Graham Harrell did NOT interview for the job?

Yall imagine Sark at UNLV? Yeesh. I mean, I wouldnt be upset but the combination of that guy and this city.

Also I thought I read somewhere that it was confirmed that Graham Harrell did NOT interview for the job?

Mark Anderson reported he did not interview...

So guy with huge following on twitter (20k followers) who has covered USC for 20 years says the Harrell/UNLV talk was nonsense...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT