ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas home and away 2022/2026

Vengeance if we win. Arroyo hasn't won anything yet and I won't buy into that trap until he does. I support him 100% and hope he gets us there but we do have a history that needs to change.

I just can't get excited about N. Texas.
One thing I can get excited about is North Texas not being a particularly powerful program (so there's a potential trajectory for a win in 2022 and 2026) AND since they are FBS, we could (and hopefully will) still schedule an FCS home game in both years to hopefully lock in an additional win. When one or two games is the difference between bowl eligibility, I'm all for games that might be wins.

I would love to whip their ass. Heart of Dallas Bowl!
Certainly! From fan POV that would be nice (but the bowl victory would have been nice too!)... players and staff I would imagine won't care... two staffs ago and closer the seniors on this team were barely in high school in that bowl game. Which is insane to think of!

That game was fun and Dallas was fun to be in for NYE!

CBS has us at 108 and UNT at 115. Both were 4-8 last year. Will be interesting to see how those number change between now and 2022. Right now we look like a good matchup of teams desperate for success.

we could (and hopefully will) still schedule an FCS home game in both years to hopefully lock in an additional win. When one or two games is the difference between bowl eligibility, I'm all for games that might be wins.

UNLV does in fact play an FCS opponent in '22 - Idaho State; they also play FCS Eastern Washington in 2021.

In May at the Stadium Authority the home schedules through 2022 were discussed and approved:

Sept. 2 — Eastern Washington, Allegiant Stadium
Sept. 18 — Iowa State, Allegiant Stadium

Sept. 3 — Idaho State, Allegiant Stadium
Sept. 17 — North Texas, Allegiant Stadium

Reactions: LocoRebel
In 2023 I really hope we see some PAC or Big12 opponents on the home schedule, not this crappy slate (sans Iowa State).

How about an SEC team?

There's still a home date in '23, no P5 visitors in '24 but BYU should be good for attendance numbers.

09/16 - Vanderbilt
11/04 - at BYU
TBA - at UTEP

09/07 - at UCLA
10/19 - Army
11/02 - BYU

08/30 - at California
09/06 - UCLA

09/05 - California

10/07 - at Army

I’m sorry but North Texas at Allegiant Stadium is stupid. We now have a great stadium in a great city and could schedule many different big name schools that would draw much bigger crowds. Isn’t that the goal? Big crowds =more money for the school. I’m very disappointed in DRF. Very shortsided thinking. Not taking advantage of our stadium is not a wise administration decision.

I’m sorry but North Texas at Allegiant Stadium is stupid. We now have a great stadium in a great city and could schedule many different big name schools that would draw much bigger crowds. Isn’t that the goal? Big crowds =more money for the school. I’m very disappointed in DRF. Very shortsided thinking. Not taking advantage of our stadium is not a wise administration decision.
"North Texas at Allegiant Stadium is stupid" Couldn't be better said.

How about an SEC team?

There's still a home date in '23, no P5 visitors in '24 but BYU should be good for attendance numbers.

09/16 - Vanderbilt
11/04 - at BYU
TBA - at UTEP

09/07 - at UCLA
10/19 - Army
11/02 - BYU

08/30 - at California
09/06 - UCLA

09/05 - California

10/07 - at Army
That is better but I’m hoping to schedule Football OOC more like Dave Rice than Menzies.

We didn’t build the Death Star to play these home games.

The SEC seldom plays an away game against a lower ranked division team. The first two weeks of the season are usually lower raked division teams played at home. That's how teams like UNLV pay the bills.

The SEC seldom plays an away game against a lower ranked division team. The first two weeks of the season are usually lower raked division teams played at home. That's how teams like UNLV pay the bills.
And then they do that again in weeks 10 and 11

SEC traditionally plays very weak OOC schedules. Not that UNLV would be a difficult opponent, but they don't travel much in the OOC. LSU typically schedules several big games, but most duck other decent P5 competition.
I would not expect a team other than the likes of Vandy schedule UNLV unless its a home only game.

SEC traditionally plays very weak OOC schedules. Not that UNLV would be a difficult opponent, but they don't travel much in the OOC. LSU typically schedules several big games, but most duck other decent P5 competition.
I would not expect a team other than the likes of Vandy schedule UNLV unless its a home only game.

And if we sweep Vandy (like we should) I doubt they’ll be interested in another series with us anytime soon.

Mizzou has a 4 game series booked with SDSU. We should look and see if they’re interested in any more west coast exposure in different years. Mizzou is SEC even though they still seem like a Big12 Midwest team to me.

Oops I forgot Sterk was the AD at SDSU before Mizzou so he’s probably throwing a bone to his former school by signing that series. After Vandy we probably won’t have another SEC team anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT