UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
The Reb’s play

@USC
UTEP
Prairie View A&M
At Arkansas St

I’m glad they got Grambling State off the schedule. Grambling went 11-1 last year. It could have gone bad.

The Reb’s play

@USC
UTEP
Prairie View A&M
At Arkansas St

I’m glad they got Grambling State off the schedule. Grambling went 11-1 last year. It could have gone bad.
Playing at Ark State is a tough one. A no win situation. They will be favored. A loss will look bad to most people while an upset of them won't give us much cred by those who don't know how tough they are at home.

I don’t even know where Arkansas St is lol. Sounds like a horrible place to travel to.

It is good they got the Grambling State game off the schedule. Grambling State could easily beat the Rebels. They went 11-1 last year. Our dumb fan base wouldn’t know what to do with themselves again after another game like that.

The were a 6-5 team in a lower division last year. If UNLV can't easily blow them out, then we have no business having football

I’m glad we got Grambling State off the schedule. They would have blown us out bad.

UNLV took a huge hit financially after the Howard loss. The attendance drop was noticeable. Do you really believe if that happens again, UNLV will not take an even bigger hit?

UNRWINS, can you repeat that about Grambling State, 5 times is not enough, or you couldn't come up with anything else and mjust wanted to see how messages you could post on this.

How have you been UNLVINMD? I hope everyone on the confidential board is well!! Do you think the Reb’s will beat Wyoming tomorrow night? It should be a good contest.

UNLV took a huge hit financially after the Howard loss. The attendance drop was noticeable. Do you really believe if that happens again, UNLV will not take an even bigger hit?

That Howard game was such an embarrassment.

Not actually true, game one against Howard was the second worst attended game to San Jose State.
The remaining 4 games had better attendance numbers.

I think UNLV will go 2-2 in non conference play. They could easily go 1-3 though.

The Howard games was going to have a low attendance because every time we play a lower division team, almost nobody goes to the game. The problem is that we played BYU, Hawaii, and SDSU last year as the three best games, and the first two are always big crowds (even with BYU being bad, they had most of the fans in attendance at the game), while we played Nevada, FSU, and Wyoming is the big three games the year before, and still had attendance drop by an average of over 1,000 people.

The Howard games was going to have a low attendance because every time we play a lower division team, almost nobody goes to the game. The problem is that we played BYU, Hawaii, and SDSU last year as the three best games, and the first two are always big crowds (even with BYU being bad, they had most of the fans in attendance at the game), while we played Nevada, FSU, and Wyoming is the big three games the year before, and still had attendance drop by an average of over 1,000 people.

That Howard game was beyond awful!!

I will be at the Arkansas St. game. Just a short hope from NE Texas....
It's not a bad place to watch a game. Decent facilities for the size of the program. Very good team when all of them are healthy.
Pass defense has to be 100% improved if we are going to beat them.

I’m glad we got Grambling State off the schedule. They would have blown us out bad.
I see you have figured out how to use cut and paste. Congrats. I’m glad those correspondence courses for your GED are working out for you.

Playing at Ark State is a tough one. A no win situation. They will be favored. A loss will look bad to most people while an upset of them won't give us much cred by those who don't know how tough they are at home.
I agree. It is a lose/lose situation. However, "most people" don't choose who goes to a bowl game. A win is a win is a win. Get 6 and we're good.

On a sidenote. Is UNLV not going to attempt a 7th home game since we go to Hawaii this year? Anyone have any ideas?

I see you have figured out how to use cut and paste. Congrats. I’m glad those correspondence courses for your GED are working out for you.

Why don’t you go f$ck yourself!! You are a pos! I like that picture of Tark though.

Why don’t you go f$ck yourself!! You are a pos! I like that picture of Tark though.
200.gif

I believe we can go undefeated in Non conference play. I believe we have the talent, coaching and strategies to match up with every one of those teams. I believe that the boys are up to the challenge this year. Fan support should be solid regardless of wins and losses. But we have to create a buzz and keep it going. I am biased though because I am Malcolm Johnson’s father and I know he hates losing. He plays with intensity and his work ethic rubs off on his team mates in the locker room. The football culture that coach Sanchez is fostering is solid and I believe the boys will buy in to the process.

I believe we can go undefeated in Non conference play. I believe we have the talent, coaching and strategies to match up with every one of those teams. I believe that the boys are up to the challenge this year. Fan support should be solid regardless of wins and losses. But we have to create a buzz and keep it going. I am biased though because I am Malcolm Johnson’s father and I know he hates losing. He plays with intensity and his work ethic rubs off on his team mates in the locker room. The football culture that coach Sanchez is fostering is solid and I believe the boys will buy in to the process.
Welcome. We'll be happy to take the Johnson family in Las Vegas. Your wife is a riot on twitter. I don't think I've seen someone take the UNLV torch so well and run with it so fast. #GoRebels

Last edited:
Reactions: mvvsmith
I agree. It is a lose/lose situation. However, "most people" don't choose who goes to a bowl game. A win is a win is a win. Get 6 and we're good.

On a sidenote. Is UNLV not going to attempt a 7th home game since we go to Hawaii this year? Anyone have any ideas?
Last time they had the opportunity for a seventh home game, due to a roadtrip to Hawaii, they passed. The whole idea behind that is to recover some of the expense of the Hawaii trip, but if your program loses money on home games then there's no point. Of course, you'd like to schedule a guaranteed draw where you had a chance to win, but who would that be? Seems like nobody, save for, maybe, BYU or UH, fits that bill. *shrug*

ADVERTISEMENT