ADVERTISEMENT

Next coach suggestion for UNLV thinking outside the box

footballphil

Walk On
Jul 26, 2004
TWO suggestions.

I think UNLV needs someone who is known as a great recruiter, has head coach experience (some of it good, some of it not so good), is known nationally, is hungry to prove his doubters wrong and again is a great fiery recruiter. That is why I suggest the crazy Cajun Ed Ogeron. Just consider him, give him an interview.

Second suggestion -

Joe Moglia - HC Coastal Carolina: The craziest story ever. An Economics major, was a college assistant a million years ago and decided to leave the profession to head to Wall Street. Ended up the CEO of TD Ameritrade and a billionaire. Got rich dude midlife crisis-y and decided to pursue the challenge of coaching football again. He takes an unpaid grad assistant job at Nebraska. Everybody laughs at him. He buys a UFL team in Omaha (TD Ameritrade's home base) and installs himself at coach, failing miserably. Everyone laughs some more. Somehow convinces Coastal Carolina, a nothingburger FCS school to hire him. Wins the conference in his first year and is now 8-0 and #3 in the nation. Everyone is no longer laughing. He's a million years old, but who would bet against this guy at this point?

Billion dollar coach

I would also interview this coach. I do not care if he is not from the area he can coach and give him a few months and he will have all he local connections he needs for recruiting. He is one of those can sell ice to eskimos guys.

Moorehead

I really think the decision is already made. UNLV is too poor and desperate to hire an actual college football coach, have to go for the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT