ADVERTISEMENT

New Faith Lutheran fb coach

rickyb55

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Mike Sanford has been named the coach at Faith, lol. From a bus bowl team, to UNLV, and now to an average high school team

At least Faith has a great locker room (and they really do)

He's 65.

He had lower level coaching jobs for 11 years. He was a D1 head coach for 9 years and a P5 assistant for 9 years. Unless he's a fool - and I don't think he is - he has plenty of $$.

This is a retirement job for him.

He's 65.

He had lower level coaching jobs for 11 years. He was a D1 head coach for 9 years and a P5 assistant for 9 years. Unless he's a fool - and I don't think he is - he has plenty of $$.

This is a retirement job for him.
Whatever the case, pride can be a bad thing sometimes. He didn’t let it get in the way.

I just don’t have a problem with a guy seeking employment for whatever the reason. He wasn’t right for here, he wasn’t a bad dude though.

Whatever the case, pride can be a bad thing sometimes. He didn’t let it get in the way.

I just don’t have a problem with a guy seeking employment for whatever the reason. He wasn’t right for here, he wasn’t a bad dude though.
Good post. No matter what your age and no matter what level of job you "want" to do go for it. If Faith Lutheran is your calling then by all means go for it. I love that kind of spirit. It's that kind of spirit that will make Prep Football so much better for Las Vegas.

I expect with the influx of cash for Faith Lutheran, that they will be one of the top programs in the state in the next few years.

Wow- what a fall his career took. I hope things work out for Mike. I always liked him even though he couldn’t get it done here.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2020/mar/11/mike-sanford-back-coaching-football-in-las-vegas-t/

Interesting as he was a hot topic after the BCS Utah team. Didn't he say the UNLV boosters "needed to put their money where there mouth is to be successful" or something on that line? Interesting as no coach has really had success here in football. Maybe he knew and knows something.....

Interesting as he was a hot topic after the BCS Utah team. Didn't he say the UNLV boosters "needed to put their money where there mouth is to be successful" or something on that line? Interesting as no coach has really had success here in football. Maybe he knew and knows something.....
He went about it in the wrong way and his timing was terrible, but in essence, he was absolutely right.

The money was around back in the 70's and 80's to turn UNLV football into a big time program (UNLV finished the 1984 season ranked 26th in the nation, and started the 1985 pre-season ranked 25th), and then along came President Robert (the dwarf) Maxson who destroyed the program in a few short years!

Reactions: UNLV Rebel1
The money was around back in the 70's and 80's to turn UNLV football into a big time program (UNLV finished the 1984 season ranked 26th in the nation, and started the 1985 pre-season ranked 25th), and then along came President Robert (The Dwarf) Maxson who destroyed the program in a few short years!

LMFAO! [roll] Da Plane, The Plane Boss!!

5585_1580ed5f-2afc-40c2-b0a3-9994f83ca0c0.jpeg

Reactions: UNLV Rebel1
The money was around back in the 70's and 80's to turn UNLV football into a big time program (UNLV finished the 1984 season ranked 26th in the nation, and started the 1985 pre-season ranked 25th), and then along came President Robert (the dwarf) Maxson who destroyed the program in a few short years!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT