ADVERTISEMENT

NEW CONFERENCE YES OR NO

Not if SJ "STATE" doesn't change it's name ASAP! To University or something else. We should Only be adding schools with anything but, State in their names.

PAC STATES Conference can keep the STATE name like the PENN! Lol

Last edited:
It may be interesting to know the number of students at universities that the MWC is looking at:

Texas State University 38,000
I work at Texas State. We're over 40,000 now and growing. Huge growing pains, but it's a quality university. We have pretty good facilities, comparable to USU. The location is great, right in between San Antonio and Austin (30ish min to each). I think TXST would be a great addition to the new MWC. We've been making huge strides in both academics and athletics. To be honest though, I'm not sure they will take a MWC offer if it comes. Many fans are happy in the SBC, and the new MWC has yet to prove itself. I'd be ecstatic though! I'd love to see the Rebs here in Texas every year.

I work at Texas State. We're over 40,000 now and growing. Huge growing pains, but it's a quality university. We have pretty good facilities, comparable to USU. The location is great, right in between San Antonio and Austin (30ish min to each). I think TXST would be a great addition to the new MWC. We've been making huge strides in both academics and athletics. To be honest though, I'm not sure they will take a MWC offer if it comes. Many fans are happy in the SBC, and the new MWC has yet to prove itself. I'd be ecstatic though! I'd love to see the Rebs here in Texas every year.
Every other year, but I get your point. Hopefully we'll start seeing some better national TV games soon

Let’s see what the PAC does now. I hope we land Texas State. Of the options we have on the table they might be the top one.

The PAC12 needs a win in public perception too. They may offer to help pay the Sunbelt exit fee.

Let’s see what the PAC does now. I hope we land Texas State. Of the options we have on the table they might be the top one.

The PAC12 needs a win in public perception too. They may offer to help pay the Sunbelt exit fee.
Gloria has some money to spend so hopefully she makes a good offer. If they want to hold on for the PAC then we wish them the best and move on.

I would have preferred they invited University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) since they don't have State in their name! Lol

They have the bigger TV market and where a Top 25 team a few season ago too!

They have 5-1 record vs State and they Play the Rebels in 2027 in LV.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Ask Fresno State what they think of UNLV football!

Reactions: SilverSpoon
As long as Theresa is in that job the likelihood of a merger is about zero.
I still go back to arguments I’ve already made…

The PAC HAS to add one more… and it’s gonna be a piece of crap team that’s first, gonna give you a serious black eye, and second it’s going to dilute your media deal… that you don’t even have.

And realistically all that does is make you a conference… you need one or two more.

At that point you’re adding jokes of teams and you’re going to dilute conference shares AND look like the biggest clown conference… which most certainly doesn’t help when perception plays as large of a part as it does in how media and coaches rank your teams… which, oh by the way, matters to gaining access to the CFP.

Eat all the di*ks Theresa.

I still go back to arguments I’ve already made…

The PAC HAS to add one more… and it’s gonna be a piece of crap team that’s first, gonna give you a serious black eye, and second it’s going to dilute your media deal… that you don’t even have.

And realistically all that does is make you a conference… you need one or two more.

At that point you’re adding jokes of teams and you’re going to dilute conference shares AND look like the biggest clown conference… which most certainly doesn’t help when perception plays as large of a part as it does in how media and coaches rank your teams… which, oh by the way, matters to gaining access to the CFP.

Eat all the di*ks Theresa.
Well that is mean. All the Coug outlets are saying how terrific Teresa is, and how great the realignment is coming along.

I completely agree. I just thought it was interesting that the two schools combined can put nearly 50,000 people in two stadiums while we have a tough time putting 25,000 people in one stadium with three times the populace.

Because it's different.

Vegas has way more transplants with other allegiances. UNLV is competing with VGK and Raiders for people's entertainment dollars. They've had no reason to show up for 30 years with football.

Hell the most attended game there was USC Vs LSU not even the Raiders.

Houston is a massive city and they don't draw as well as you would think unless it's a big game.

Personally I wish UNLV would have done their own on or near campus stadium of around 35k..

And apologies to any students on here but their support has sucked for football for as long as I've gone to games. Better recently. But it shouldn't take having to give tickets away to get them out there.

2ND CONFERENCE FORMATION ATTEMPT

Still not convinced that NIU or Toledo is happening. If one or both did then I'd go a whole different route.

UNLV AFA RENO UNM HAWAII SJSU WYOMING

Texas State UTEP NMSU MONTANA MONTANA STATE

Everybody be down with that?

Don't undervalue the growth Montana is undergoing. Might not currently be a large market, but there's a lot of moving people or people living there part time that send their kids to school at UM while the winter in CA, lol...

I wonder.

Which way would you rather go in expanding?

Texas State with NMSU and UTEP?

Or go all in on FCS schools and do something like Sac State, Idaho (They've been FBS before) Montana, Montana State and maybe UTEP (I don't love UTEP but completely ignoring Texas seems like a mistake)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT