ADVERTISEMENT

New Coaches - WR’s & TE’s

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
2 new coaches announced today. Also Coach Baumgartner takes over Special Teams duties from PaoPao who left for Arizona.

Jonathan Krause WR’s - Another guy CMA knew from Oregon. Was a grad assistant at UO but worked with the WR’s there. Not a ton of coaching experience but looks like he did a good job at Oregon and he’s a young guy that has experience playing WR in the NFL.

Nate Longshore TE’s - Was with the Rebels last year as an analyst and gets the promotion. Not a lot of college experience either but looks like he did some analytics in the NFL and he did coach at the HS level.

Joe Arrigo also noted that Ian Shields has shifted from Defensive Anaylist to Offensive Analyst.

Interestingly, his bio on UNLV site shows he lettered 3 times in FB and 2 times in baseball. No mention of position played. Also, after his playing days, appears he went from being a GA at his alma mater (Oregon State) to being an OC at Eastern Oregon. Never been a position coach.

I assume he'll serve better as OA than DA.

Looks like Larry Grant is coming to UNLV for defensive quality control. The former NFL linebacker was with the City College of San Francisco City the past few years as Linebackers coach and Special Teams Coordinator.

CB coach Tre Watson headed to Cal.

Clay Jennings hired to replace Watson. He has some work to do with our secondary. Veteran coach with a lot of experience. Most of it in the state of Texas. Hopefully he can continue recruiting well in that area.

CLAY JENNINGS COACHING EXPERIENCE
2019-20 – North Texas (Cornerbacks)
2018 – Texas Tech (Defensive Backs)
2017 – Houston Co-Defensive Coordinator (Secondary)
2016 – Texas (Defensive Backs)
2014-15 – Arkansas (Defensive Backs)
2008-13 – TCU (Cornerbacks)
2007 – Baylor (Cornerbacks)
2005-06 – Houston (Safeties)
2003-04 – Louisiana Lafayette(Secondary)
2001-02 – Sam Houston State (Secondary/Recruiting Coordinator)
2000 – Southern Arkansas (Secondary)
1999 – Morningside College (Secondary)
1998 – Morehouse College (Secondary)
1997 – North Texas Graduate Assistant

Reactions: billd99s
Clay Jennings hired to replace Watson. He has some work to do with our secondary. Veteran coach with a lot of experience. Most of it in the state of Texas. Hopefully he can continue recruiting well in that area.

CLAY JENNINGS COACHING EXPERIENCE
2019-20 – North Texas (Cornerbacks)
2018 – Texas Tech (Defensive Backs)
2017 – Houston Co-Defensive Coordinator (Secondary)
2016 – Texas (Defensive Backs)
2014-15 – Arkansas (Defensive Backs)
2008-13 – TCU (Cornerbacks)
2007 – Baylor (Cornerbacks)
2005-06 – Houston (Safeties)
2003-04 – Louisiana Lafayette(Secondary)
2001-02 – Sam Houston State (Secondary/Recruiting Coordinator)
2000 – Southern Arkansas (Secondary)
1999 – Morningside College (Secondary)
1998 – Morehouse College (Secondary)
1997 – North Texas Graduate Assistant

I read the timeline backwards. Thought, why the hell would we hire this guy..

Reactions: LocoRebel
The first time I read the timeline, I did the same thing. I was thinking he was getting passed down in quality of position with each new job. Glad it is the other way!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT