ADVERTISEMENT

My take on the situation

Lvreb86

National Player of the Year
Feb 6, 2010
Dave Rice has been here for 4 years. He preached a certain style of play, he preached up tempo with a tough in your face man 2 man defense. 4 years later he hasn't delivered on either. A 4 year steady decline in win totals no identity and missing the tourney the last 2 years doesn't help his case.

I think you have 2 different types of people with one common ground. You have the people who don't believe Dave can get the job done. In his 4 years he's failed to motivate and get his teams to play to there potential so why would anyone expect him to be able to do it next year? Hence they don't believe in the plan. Then you have the people who believe in the plan and think Rice is building for the future.

Either way there's one thing both parties believe in and that it would be shitty to lose the guys on the roster. No one wants to lose McCaw, Cornish, Morgan, Vaughn and the other guys.

I'm on the side that thinks it's time to move on, not because I don't like Rice or don't support him but I simply think he's in over his head and isn't even a decent coach and motivator. His teams have constantly failed to play up tempo and in your face D. They're extremely undisciplined and Rice allowed the inmates to run the asylum. This is all on Rice and if he's let go it's on him he's the one that failed. Hitting the reset button 3 years in is his fault. As great a recruiter he is he's been just as awful when evaluating the most important position in the game the PG. I honestly don't want to lose the players but I'm not expecting anything different because I don't believe Rice can coach them. That's why I feel it's time for a change. I have nothing personal against rice and if he is retained and we win I will be as happy as can be and eat crow. I just want UNLV to win and win big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.