ADVERTISEMENT

MWC- 10 Game Season and Late Start

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
MWC goes with a 10 game schedule. 2 non conference games allowed. The season start date is being pushed back. Games won’t start until September 26th.

Looks like all season ticket holders are eligible for a one game refund so far due to the changes in the schedule.

The September 26th start date does us no favors. I’m guessing the La Tech game is off now. (I guess it’s possible Baylor cancels on them and they agree to play us on 9/26). The only other open date we have is November 21 which is after @Hawaii and before UNR. I’d rather us not schedule a game in that spot. Hopefully we can find team to play us in Vegas on 9/26.

Looks like all season ticket holders are eligible for a one game refund so far due to the changes in the schedule.

If UNLV schedules both their non-conference games at home then we will still be getting the 6 games we paid for if fans are allowed to attend.

If UNLV schedules both their non-conference games at home then we will still be getting the 6 games we paid for if fans are allowed to attend.

True, but do you think UNLV wants to schedule 2 more games? Would you want to play 10 weeks straight with no bye? In a season like this would you want to pay someone to come here when it’s unlikely you can sell tickets?

I know this may not be popular here because fbyu but I would seriously call BYU and see how hard up for games they are right now. I’d offer them the 9/26 date in Vegas with no return game or payment and see if they’re willing to play us for nothing just so that they have a 6th game booked this year.

Here’s a link with some more information from UNLV. It looks like they updated it after the MWC schedule changes.

It appears UNLV is planning for 5 home games at Allegiant now. The final opponent is still TBA.
Also, season ticket holders will have seating priority if any fans are able to attend.
  • UNLV football was originally scheduled to have seven home games in 2020: six at Allegiant Stadium and one at Sam Boyd Stadium. The lone game at SBS was set to be free to all season ticket holders in the Faithful Fan Pricing program and for new season ticket holders. UNLV will have its number of home games at Allegiant Stadium reduced by one game to five. The schedule, however, is TBD.
  • If UNLV Athletics venues or Allegiant Stadium operate at reduced seating capacities, season ticket holders and Rebel Athletic Fund donors will receive priority access. Capacities will be determined by local and state government officials and medical experts.
https://unlvrebels.com/feature/coronavirus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT