ADVERTISEMENT

MW West trending up

rebneck

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
The West really has nowhere to go but up. But it looks like the trend is that way if you look at the coaches.

SDSU-Of course, Rocky is the dean of coaches in the West, but how "long" til he retires?

UNLV-The season-ending debacle notwithstanding, CTS has the Rebels on an upward arc. Will the locals notice?

FSU-Tedford was a good hire. I think he'll get the ship righted in Fresno.

Hawaii-Rolovich is an ex-player, knows the islands, and seems to be energizing the fan base and restoring the pride at UH.

SJSU-Would expect an up-and-coming hire from a lower division or an established coordinator, but if they can reel in Pat Hill, that would be a real coup.
http://www.mwcconnection.com/2016/11/30/13784714/san-jose-state-coaching-search-pat-hill

UNR-They sacked Polian. That's enough proof they're trending up.

The west needs at least 2 schools other than SDSU to be consistently in the 5+ win range every year. It doesn't look good if it is different every year who is going to win more than 2 games. I do agree that UNLV and Hawaii are on track to be in that range, lets hope it doesn't take long to get the FSU, SJSU, or UNR there also.

My money is on Fresno for the quickest rebound. I went to their place a year ago when they were playing bad, they have a solid following. I like their stadium old but on campus we were cool visiting fans they were kind to us in victory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT