ADVERTISEMENT

MW this week

rebneck

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
There are some interesting match-ups in the MW this weekend. There are plenty of chances to garner attention, both good and bad. Here's the potential for this weekend:

The Good (Big Names, Big Games)
USU @ Michigan St - If the Aggies can keep their composure, they... naaaaaaaah.
SDSU @ Stanford - The Big Tree is looking for some payback for the Aztecs upset last year.
Colorado vs CSU (Denver) - This is CSU's second game, CU's first. Advantage: Rams.
Wazzu @ Wyo - Cougs enter post-Falk era, hope to move on from Hilinski suicide.
UNLV @ USC - Can Rebels move the ball against stout SC D?
BSU @ Troy - Winner takes early lead in G5 race to NY6 bowl.
Navy @ Hawai'i - This should be a fun one.

The Bad (FCS comes calling)
UC-Davis @ SJSU - Thursday night sleeping pill.
Stony Brook @ AFA - Wolfie finished a surprising 10-3 last year, losing in rd 2 of FCS playoffs
Idaho @ Fresno St - Vandals go for one last poke at the league that wouldn't have them.

The Ugly (Lose this and ...)
Incarnate Word @ UNM - Really, Bob? Is a one-win FCS club supposed to be a confidence builder?
Portland St @ UNR - And I gave Bob grief, Jay. Win-less PSU was just pee-ew last year.

Last edited:
Portland St @ UNR - And I gave Bob grief, Jay. Win-less PSU was just pee-ew last year.

Let's not forget this UNR team lost to Idaho State last year. Hopefully they return to their 2017 early-season form!

unr never changed all season from the early season form, the problem is that UNLV played down to them! I just hope the good UNLV football team that beat Fresno State shows up for the entire season instead of the one that lost to Howard, unr, and blew a huge lead and lost to Air Force.

Looking at the "Big Name, Big Games"

I think Wyoming beats Wassu. I didnt realize that Troy was either a big name or big game but if it is, I think BSU wins going away. UH at home vs Navy a long way to go for Navy if it were on the road or Neutral Id say Navy but in Hawaii who knows, the other games The MWC gets beat.

In all of the other games, I only see SJSU possibly losing the others should win big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT