ADVERTISEMENT

Mtn West Rivals boards

Loyal Coug1

Starter
Oct 8, 2023
Damn you all don't like Rivals much (UNLV the exception). Went to all the (8) sites, only one seemed halfway active but the message board was behind the paywall. The rest, years old. The others must flock to 247 (brand X to us) or SBNation (Brand Y). We have the best Coug message board, although it meanders way off the Football track often.

Our football board is open. Wazzuwatch. If you stop by, ignore all the posts about my private part. I posted one tongue in cheek (but true :) ) comment about my prowess with the ladies months ago, and they won't let it go.

Look forward to conversing as this Pac2 nightmare evolves.

I stop by the Wazzuwatch every now and then to see if you guys have any new information regards MWC/Pac2. I'll have to say it can be entertaining to say the least. Very active.

Damn you all don't like Rivals much (UNLV the exception). Went to all the (8) sites, only one seemed halfway active but the message board was behind the paywall. The rest, years old. The others must flock to 247 (brand X to us) or SBNation (Brand Y). We have the best Coug message board, although it meanders way off the Football track often.

Our football board is open. Wazzuwatch. If you stop by, ignore all the posts about my private part. I posted one tongue in cheek (but true :) ) comment about my prowess with the ladies months ago, and they won't let it go.

Look forward to conversing as this Pac2 nightmare evolves.

I really have no hope that whatever PAC/MWC merger unfolds it'll retain P5 status.

That said it would be best G5 conference and not by a little bit.

With playoffs expanding it at least leaves hope that a G5 school can sneak in.

I really have no hope that whatever PAC/MWC merger unfolds it'll retain P5 status.

That said it would be best G5 conference and not by a little bit.

With playoffs expanding it at least leaves hope that a G5 school can sneak in.
I have little hope - better than none I guess. But then the Big12 took in what - 4 G5 schools before poaching the PAC. We do have this 2 year grace period to stay P5 Starting next July. So I dunno how that would look if we did a reverse merger in July '25.

In any event, I don't want our teams flying all over the G-D country to play sports. And so what if we become G5. Almost assured of a playoff berth, and I don't really give a shit about the playoffs except the money. Right now playoff teams (conferences get $6 million). But the other 4 major bowls get $4 million. Of course, I'm sure this will all change when we move to 12 playoff teams.

I know it’s just one season - half a season actually - but if I were a P4 commissioner I’d have my eye on UNLV as a potential dark horse. With the marketability of Vegas if UNLV has two bowl seasons in a row its chances for selection become much greater imho. May still not be greater than 50% but I wouldn’t want to be the commissioner that passes on UNLV for a school in a boring Midwest market that has a longer tradition of good football.

I know it’s just one season - half a season actually - but if I were a P4 commissioner I’d have my eye on UNLV as a potential dark horse. With the marketability of Vegas if UNLV has two bowl seasons in a row its chances for selection become much greater imho. May still not be greater than 50% but I wouldn’t want to be the commissioner that passes on UNLV for a school in a boring Midwest market that has a longer tradition of good football.
Agreed!

I hope we don’t let down tomorrow evening, we need this CSU win to keep this momentum train on the tracks!

I agree that I hope they are keeping an eye on UNLV. A half way successful football program would go a long way since that is the one piece that has been missing.
But...
We have played a pretty weak schedule and this big game this week is against another weak team. And we are worried about it because we should be.
This is one of the weaker seasons that the MW has been. I don't know if we've ever had as many teams in the bottom 100's before. so there is that.
The final thing is we are having our best season in years and the attendance has been... OK? Hopefully people come out today and that number continues to climb. But it hasn't been very impressive yet.
Personally I think people are waiting to really be impressed. That may not happen until a big upset. We have been favored in all our our wins. Steal one at Fresno or (and hopefully) Air Force then that could mean something.

Well back when traitors USC and UCLA bailed on the Pac12, I was screaming for the PAC to snag SDSU and UNLV (buyout issues notwithstanding). I would have screamed fo us to accept ESPN's $30 million offer except we didn't find out about that f-up until later. Same deal that the Big12 then accepted. But we sat on our asses and let the league implode. While your points are valid, the only league that might be interested would be the Big 12 (and of course the Pac2). Doubt it on Big 12 - if they don't want WSU and OSU, P5 schools, don't think Vegas has a shot. Now in the reverse merger with the Mtn West, who knows? Vegas, Fresno, SDSU, CSU and Air Force (who else?) would make great potential players in the Pac keeping P5 status (remember our 2 year grace period for staying Power 5, starting next July.

But if we snagged those 5, who are the other 5? Also, despite the Mtn west having some undesirable teams as far as retaining P5 status goes, I can't see half of your league bailing on the rest, nor do I want to see us poach schools like happened to us. We have some sense of morality up here. So all or none. Pac-13 or 14......

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Well back when traitors USC and UCLA bailed on the Pac12, I was screaming for the PAC to snag SDSU and UNLV (buyout issues notwithstanding). I would have screamed fo us to accept ESPN's $30 million offer except we didn't find out about that f-up until later. Same deal that the Big12 then accepted. But we sat on our asses and let the league implode. While your points are valid, the only league that might be interested would be the Big 12 (and of course the Pac2). Doubt it on Big 12 - if they don't want WSU and OSU, P5 schools, don't think Vegas has a shot. Now in the reverse merger with the Mtn West, who knows? Vegas, Fresno, SDSU, CSU and Air Force (who else?) would make great potential players in the Pac keeping P5 status (remember our 2 year grace period for staying Power 5, starting next July.

But if we snagged those 5, who are the other 5? Also, despite the Mtn west having some undesirable teams as far as retaining P5 status goes, I can't see half of your league bailing on the rest, nor do I want to see us poach schools like happened to us. We have some sense of morality up here. So all or none. Pac-13 or 14......
New Mexico have the resources and facilities if they can right their football program. Hawaii is always a fan favorite. Those pacololos head are a blast when they are good. Spam Mousabi should be as regular as French fries. lol
Like I have said, if MWC can maintain it integrity...schools like Reno (crackphine, redheaded step brother), New Mexico and Hawaii can right their football program...we will be good, really good. San Jose State and Fresno a rivalry that should not be broken apart. They hate each other like we hate Reno.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
3rd and 1 and you run straight up against Oregon core of defense? You are not a good team, Wazzu.
You are down by 14. Cmon man!

3rd and 1 and you run straight up against Oregon core of defense? You are not a good team, Wazzu.
You are down by 15, Cmon man!
You should not be eating oysters. You should be earring rotting fishes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT