ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Flipmas!

Or reading the room...

AD wants P5. Knows its only way to keep relevance in sport landscape. Those moves happen in next couple years. Only thing holding UNLV back is its major athletics programs particularly the future bellwether Football having success. You fire Arroyo because even though he mightve gotten you 6 or 7 wins next year thats not good enough. You hire a still young former SEC coach with 0 ties to the West and a bunch of hot coordinators (Petrino first, Marrion 2nd, and the DC thats going to be a riser, The experience of the remainder of staff) to take you past that- 9/10 wins year 1, maybe a MWC title, and then follow that up with a similar result and a title the following season. You sell 40k seats or better at Allegiant in year 2... Thats why this staff is here. They arent here to just get a to bowl game. Cant be afraid to hold the program to higher goals
Well said....

Looking back. About 30 years ago, the finest girl in my high school was this chich with the biggest breast I have ever seen. She would come to me whenever I look at her. I didn't befriend her because she was in the ROTC. Dont be like me, Bull.

I'm a little old for the ROTC my guy...

Reactions: RebelinWA
If someone comes and hires Odom away, it will be because he earned a bigger job and a bigger payday. My hope is that by year or 3 or 4 we are in danger of losing him to a power 5 program, or we become a power 5 program ourselves and can afford to pay him.

Worrying about him getting poached is like me worrying about how I'll tell my family how I'm spending my powerball jackpot money. That's gonna be awkward, but it hasn't happened here in 45 years so worrying about it seems like a silly exercise.

Odom getting poached for a P5 program might be the best sign of health this program has had since Tony Knap.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Looking back. About 30 years ago, the finest girl in my high school was this chich with the biggest breast I have ever seen. She would come to me whenever I look at her. I didn't befriend her because she was in the ROTC. Dont be like me, Bull.
Guaranteed, this girl was extremely popular when she went in the military.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
Guaranteed, this girl was extremely popular when she went in the military.
She was popular then. It was too much for me then. My sons are going through the same thing. One of them ran from girls chasing him into a tree...cut his forehead wide open.

Does ROTC accept dudes over 40?
Bull, stop it.

Is "digtialturf" still alive? I miss my friend. I have been married for 16 years Bull, I have been out off the loops in the dating scene. Wow, it has been 16 years.
I think my wife is a witch, damn it. I am still ok with that....

Last edited:
Or reading the room...

AD wants P5. Knows its only way to keep relevance in sport landscape. Those moves happen in next couple years. Only thing holding UNLV back is its major athletics programs particularly the future bellwether Football having success. You fire Arroyo because even though he mightve gotten you 6 or 7 wins next year thats not good enough. You hire a still young former SEC coach with 0 ties to the West and a bunch of hot coordinators (Petrino first, Marrion 2nd, and the DC thats going to be a riser, The experience of the remainder of staff) to take you past that- 9/10 wins year 1, maybe a MWC title, and then follow that up with a similar result and a title the following season. You sell 40k seats or better at Allegiant in year 2... Thats why this staff is here. They arent here to just get a to bowl game. Cant be afraid to hold the program to higher goals
There is nothing wrong with having aspirations for that next year. And I agree it is possible.

But still very unlikely. Especially with MW title part.

This recruiting class looks to be decent, but I'm going to guess it won't be top 2 in conference.

Instantly being a true title contender without some more true tangible reasons just doesn't make sense.

But yes, conference was a bit down last year. No one truly scared you. So it is susceptible.

But again we had our most promising start in years against that same conference and still just got smashed...

When they are serving in Iraq in the military there are 10-20 guys for every girl. When they first go over in deployment most of the women look like 4's-6's, after a few months they all look like 10's!
When they are serving in Iraq in the military there are 10-20 guys for every girl. When they first go over in deployment most of the women look like 4's-6's, after a few months they all look like 10's!
When they acted like they are a 10 is when I like them.

You ever sample the Iraqi women when you served?

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Does ROTC accept dudes over 40?
Actually, yes. You can go for the first two of the four years of the college rotc. Its open to anyone. That doesn’t mean you’ll be able to serve and commission; but that’s another story.

You wouldn’t necessarily be the only guy over 40 either. I had a number of people who got out of their active contracts and wanted to dip their toes into commissioning without being under a contract.

• Love
You ever sample the Iraqi women when you served?
Never served, my son was in Iraqi as a communication expert with the combined special forces for a year (came back a year and a half ago). This was also during the Covid restrictions, so they were not even allowed to be around locals. With the religious laws over in Kuwait and Iraq, they would have never even considered dating local women.

Got to Stop looking at mediocrity as the bar for where the program is so our coach doesn't get poached. This staff with the $$ and the recruits are not here to just make some bowl game and bounce back to the next P5 job that comes calling, that was Arroyo's role. They're here to win 9-10 games next year and follow that up the following season. Thats enough to solidify the P5 invite. They'll bounce back to the Midwest/SEC jobs and that's fine, we'll be able to grab a good coach as a follow up.

Its not about just making bowl games with this staff and administration. Staff's a rental. Enjoy the next 2 seasons and what winning feels like. Its easier to continue winning than it is to sell a rebuild to the next guy
Tark being run out wasn't a rebuild for a new coach but it's been a shitshow for 30 years now

Reactions: j. spilotro
Or reading the room...

This staff is here for the same reasons as every other staff or coach before them.

To win football games.

Nobody takes this job and thinks 'I want to set my career back 5 years'.

Reactions: dcut03 and reagan21
He will probably get time in camp as a gadget player. I heard that he is the direct replacement for losing Rogers. Once Rogers told the staff he was taking the Purdue visit, they went all in on this kid.
Who is Rogers ?

Or reading the room...

Man....
I said this in January....
Kind of nailed it...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT