ADVERTISEMENT

Menzies is full of jokes

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Last weekend I was up the new Rising Star Ranch in Mesquite, NV for a sports management conference. Heard some good speakers and a lot of interesting takes on how sports is run. My favorite part of the weekend was when it was MMM's turn to present. He got on stage and people were clapping for him and some stood up.

As soon as he saw that he said, "sit down and stop clapping we only won 11 games last year." I got a good chuckle out of that.

Also, he was asked about Lavar Ball and he asked for the cameras to be turned off. It was being taped for their youtube channel or something. He said everyone in Southern California has known about Lavar for decades. Lavar ran with the bloods in Inglewood and still tries to bully people into a certain mindset. MMM said it is common knowledge that Lavar handpicked an athletic wife so he could raise his thoroughbreds and that Lavar talked about doing this in the early 90's. He finished by saying if a SoCal guy was at UCLA they would not have taken the Ball brothers, but that it showed what kind of pressure (or naivety) Alford is at UCLA.

He was asked about kids and character and he, unilaterally, brought up Dwayne and how proactive Dwayne has been about change since his arrest. I could hear the disappointment in his voice. It was a cool experience.

Finally, Coach Frederick (women's volleyball) likes Harter. I almost left the table during lunch when she said that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News