ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall Nichols, 5-star UNLV commit

That's about all I remember of that. One of the assistants talking to us, "he didn't really say that..." (wink, wink). Didn't want to disrupt our access, such as it was.
Yeah, I was pretty sure you were with me. It really didn’t strike me as anything too severe when it was said, really. I actually liked the quote, it showed some emotion and purpose. But, whatever.

I mean, I’ve since held back a lot of things for other reasons, so I get it.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I didn't think twice about it either, but certainly some eyebrows were raised. Like you say - whatever.

Even before the injury, his biggest asset was probably his ability to use his legs, to make something out of nothing. His arm was never accurate. After the shoulder injury, he had zero zip. Even in that clip, both interceptions were Pop Warner level, those were worse than wounded ducks. Quintrell Thomas or Omari Pearson would have picked those off.

But they were a sound team. Looking back, they had some nice players especially given that we are UNLV.

Obviously, the kicking game sucked.

I also remember that game, it was super hyped. I went to a lot of practices back then. I interviewed a running back, I thinking it was Jabari and he gave a quote that I was asked to take out of the story, the school thought it was locker room material. I took it out after it was published. I didn’t think the quote was anything too heavy but I was just a couple years into this site, didn’t really know the ropes of the media too well (I couldn’t handle the role well anyway, just wasn’t me) … can’t remember the exact quote but it was something along the lines of UNLV going into the Arkansas game with the mindset of acting like savages. Savages was the trigger in whatever the quote was.

Yeah Thomas was on par with Armani Rogers in terms of accuracy. He could make things happen with his legs. A fair amount of his big throws came from busted plays where protection broke down and he kept the play alive eventually finding somebody open downfield. In his one good year though he was able to at least complete a few quick outs or dumps over the middle to keep teams from crowding the box.

Same problem we saw with Armani. He never had to be super accurate just closer to 60% than 50%. Issue was Cotton would dial up some 'easy' throws early and he would miss them. Both guys saw pretty favorable coverages 8-9 in the box and couldn't take advantage of it.

6:47 Andy McDonAld sighting

That was so fkn awful. I remember it being painfully bad, but just seeing those highlights - talking about giving a game away and setting a shitty tone for the season. That was game one of that season.

I think you might have been there Scrub. I knew the manager at the PT’s on Silverado Ranch. He gave us a sweetheart deal, something like $10 bucks, you get an armband, you get two drinks, buffet style food for the duration, I just had to promise him I’d get 50+ into the bar. And we did that easily. People were excited, we just came off a bowl win the year before and JT was being hyped as a Heisman candidate (lol).

Man, so many chances to salt that one away and they just flat out choked it. It wasn’t Arkansas coming up with great plays. Both teams gifted each other all game long but UNLV was more generous. Such a rotten feeling when that game ended. Two people that showed, a coworker and her husband, were big Arkansas fans. I remember him apologizing after the game for how they had won.

A lot of people have Jrob crap and he was as conservative as hell, but he built a team that could compete and they were pretty strong at the lines and with linebackers, even the secondary. Offensively we were pretty weak and ultra predictable.

I was at the game, UNLV dominated all game long. Arkansas used something like 5 QBs because their offense was so bad. They had a ton of NFL talent playing that day. After the game their fans all started with the SEC chant, the rest off he SEC should have been embarrassed by the way they played that day.

love her or hate her DRF is one of the best in the business in hiring coaches. KK and our football coach looks very promising…that includes our women bball coach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT