ADVERTISEMENT

Line'um Up Fresno State.

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
Friday Night Game so figured we start it early.

Both teams need this one to keep bowl hopes alive.

UNLV surprised Fresno State at their place a few years back.

Fresno State put it on the Rebs last year 48-3 at Sam Boyd.

Fresno is typically a tough place to play.

Books now have Fresno up to a 15.5 point favorite.

I think that line is to high.

In fact....

UNLV 28
FRESNO 27

Rebs in the upset....!

Last edited:
Only once in the last 4 1/2 seasons has a CTS team beat FBS teams in back to back weeks. In fact multiple times his teams have come out flat even against horrible teams after a win. i.e. they beat Hawaii and then they turn around and lose a 2-8 byu team, they beat New Mexico and then they come out and lose to a 2-9 unr team.

This will also be Tedford's 3rd season at Fresno and this board has discussed CTS struggle against coaches who have seen him multiple times. Although last year he did get Rocky and Norvell at the end of the season so maybe that's shifting a bit.

I hope this UNLV team is different and the Vandy game was a turning point. This Fresno team has some flaws and I do believe we should have a shot at this game but it's hard to predict a victory here.

UNLV 27
Fresno 31

Fresno beat Sac State by 14 at home.

I think we are only slightly better than Sac State.

Fresno 30
UNLV 20

I'm going with the theory, If you've seen CTS once....

Fresneck - 34
Rebs - 27

I do think UNLV keeps it competitive thought the first 25 minutes then Fresno scores on a long pass at the end of the first half and then controls the rest of the way.
Fresno 41
UNLV 20

I think thats to high.

In fact....

UNLV 28
FRESNO 27

Rebs in the upset....!

You think its "TOO" High ?

I think that line is to high.

In fact....

UNLV 28
FRESNO 27

Rebs in the upset....!
34-17 bad dudes.

Bull, is your prediction dispensary-related?

No..

Not at all. I don't partake.

Bourbon on the otherhand....

Honestly just a gut feel on this one.

I thought UNLV would play Northwestern, Boise and Vanderbilt tough. In the case of Boise and Northwestern they did for a half but couldn't get offense going. With Vanderbilt they got back to doing what they do well which is run the ball.

If Rebs are close after half, Fresno may start to press. They've been sloppy in the second half of games and there were higher expectations for them this year despite losing a number of key guys.

I think the Rebs sneak out of there with a win.

SDSU will be a different story. Their defense is really tough on QBs, especially younger less experienced guys like Oblad.

But with Fresno, I think UNLV can hang with them and will pull out a win.

I hope so, because if they lose I am out one imaginary dollar or 10 RebelnetCoins to @unlv91 .

I hope this UNLV team is different and the Vandy game was a turning point.

The only Rebel football game I have considered a turning point in the last two decades was the CMU in 2013 when Caleb Herring took over. After that game, the rebs were a different team the rest of the season.

If history has taught us anything, the Vandy game was our yearly WTF game and then the rebs go back to doing what they normally do, which is finding ways to lose.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer. Just don't see us righting the ship this season. Believe me I would love to be wrong, but I would bet a 100 Rebel net coins to Bull that the rebs lose this one.

The only Rebel football game I have considered a turning point in the last two decades was the CMU in 2013 when Caleb Herring took over. After that game, the rebs were a different team the rest of the season.

If history has taught us anything, the Vandy game was our yearly WTF game and then the rebs go back to doing what they normally do, which is finding ways to lose.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer. Just don't see us righting the ship this season. Believe me I would love to be wrong, but I would bet a 100 Rebel net coins to Bull that the rebs lose this one.
He only has two... or is it too? To?

Reactions: UNLVFansincebirth22

How sad is it that our WTF upset comes against a really poor team that has only won a single game?

100 RebelnetCoins....

All right, you are on..

Also correct on that CMU game.

They still have East Tennessee State coming up on the schedule so they're likely a 2 win team this year. 2-10 (0-8 SEC) sounds like a real crap team but hey for UNLV that win was HUGE.

I'm trying here man!

Getting some positive vibes going.

On the other side, FSU has beat nobody! They have wins against Sac and NMSU.

They haven't.

They were within a score of USC and a ranked Minnesota but no quality wins yet.

Similar situation to UNLV.

Only difference really, is UNLV has been beaten by double digits 4 times..Fresno once by Air Force.

Neither team has much to hang their hat on...

Vanderbilt was a nice win for UNLV, but I wouldn't qualify it as a quality win with how bad Vanderbilt has played this year.

I'm so going to create a coin and fork a blockchain! Ty Bull for another time-sink to invest in! =)

RebelnetCoins currently trading at

.0000000000000001 of a cent

Going to blow up.

I hold all RebelnetCoins but if you want to get in on the ground floor Venmo $100 real dollars to...

Afoolandhismoneyaresoonparted.org

Reactions: XFactorRebel
Based on what everyone has said, UNLV has as of yet to have their WTF win! In my opinion this is the most important game for coach Sanchez in his career at UNLV! If they win this game they have a very good shot at winning at least 6 games, if they lose this game it is likely they have dug a deep hole that would be very difficult to recover from. The will either be 3-4 (3-2 required at a minimum to finish the season) or 2-5 (4-1 required to finish the season). A win could also put UNLV in a position that they could be playing unr to make a bowl game as well as unr needing the win to get to a bowl game at the end of the season.

Based on what everyone has said, UNLV has as of yet to have their WTF win! In my opinion this is the most important game for coach Sanchez in his career at UNLV! If they win this game they have a very good shot at winning at least 6 games, if they lose this game it is likely they have dug a deep hole that would be very difficult to recover from. The will either be 3-4 (3-2 required at a minimum to finish the season) or 2-5 (4-1 required to finish the season). A win could also put UNLV in a position that they could be playing unr to make a bowl game as well as unr needing the win to get to a bowl game at the end of the season.

Huge game.

3-4 with what is remaining on the schedule gives life. 2 toughest games, Hawaii and SDSU are at home, plus SJSU. Two of three there gets you to 5-5. Road games at CSU and Reno are winnable. CSU has a good offense but can't stop anybody and Ft. Collins has been a tough place for UNLV. Reno is hard to figure out. On the road makes it tough, but Rebs have gotten them there twice, once with Hauck and Sanchez year one.

2-5 and I have a hard time seeing this team reeling off 5 straight. Because it will probably take 7 to get a bid.

6-6 would get them bowl eligibility but wouldn't ensure a bid. That would create an awkward situation and difficult decision for AD at the end of the year. It does give Sanchez the grounds to say 'I did my job getting us eligible, now you do your job as AD and sell it to the committees why we should get an invite'.

MWC has 6 bowl tie ins.

Boise, SDSU are basically locks to get bowl eligibility.

Hawai'i is on pace, as is USU.

Wyoming is at 4 wins and likely gets 2 more.

Air Force at 4 likely to get to 6 required.

That's 6 teams already. And that doesn't include Reno who already has 4 wins only needs 2 more.

Fresno has a rough stretch to finish the season. Rebs get them tonight, it goes a long way towards possibly thinning the herd for competition for bowl bids.

UNLV, even at 6 wins might need Boise to run the table to get a New Years day bid, that would open up a spot. Or may need another conference to come up short in bowl eligible teams.

If the Rebs can get this one tonight, they give themselves a shot and stay in the mix.

They lose they probably have to go 5-0 to get in..

Last edited:
UNLV 42 Fresno 34.

I with Bullmastiff. I'm totally ignoring all common sense and logic and I'm not counting Tony Sanchez out until it is mathematically impossible. Even though we are 2-4..I'm still rooting for a bowl game. Even though (besides last week) we look horrible and no sane fan would entertain bowl talk at this point...Im with Bullmastiff and Im not giving up hope until the fat lady sings. Its not over until its over !!! GO REbels !!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT