ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Competed as an FBS team for three years. Already been to two bowl games and won both. Beat two power five teams this year and lost to a third by 1 point. Went 10-1 and just won their bowl game. Took a chance on Hugh Freeze after his debacle at Ole Miss and you can see what a coach can do. And all we get from our coaches is excuse after excuse after excuse. Our program sucks because our AD's have sucked and Deseree is just the current suckee. Get rid of her and get somebody in her place that knows what they are doing, can take a chance and can get decent coaches.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Our program sucks because our AD's have sucked and Deseree is just the current suckee. Get rid of her and get somebody in her place that knows what they are doing, can take a chance and can get decent coaches.

I think our AD’s should bear a lot of the responsibility for the suckage of our program. It’s been a while since we’ve had a decent AD.

Competed as an FBS team for three years. Already been to two bowl games and won both. Beat two power five teams this year and lost to a third by 1 point. Went 10-1 and just won their bowl game. Took a chance on Hugh Freeze after his debacle at Ole Miss and you can see what a coach can do. And all we get from our coaches is excuse after excuseV after excuse. Our program sucks because our AD's have sucked and Deseree is just the current suckee. Get rid of her and get somebody in her place that knows what they are doing, can take a chance and can get decent coaches.

The only time UNLV had success is when they took a chance with a guy who had a very spotty history and he, in turn, recruited many with checkered pasts. And he put the school on the map. It’s been the only real success we’ve had at UNLV.

Now? UNLV is way toon wimpy, way too PC to take that sort of shot on a coach. Plenty have been available over the years. But UNLV would rather “kind of compete”, stay out of trouble, ruffle no feathers, put on a plastic smile, and wilt with the punches, keep smiling, kumbaya, life goes on. Very passive.

F's on the first two, you can add zero to do with the third! She was hired because she allowed them to put check marks in all the boxes!

Last edited:
Reactions: j. spilotro
F's on the first two, can had zero to do with the third! She was hired because she allowed them to put check marks in all the boxes!
UNLV is always looking to check boxes with hires.

The “z box”, the lowest importance, is ability to be successful. Everything else matters more. Perception is strong at UNLV and they don’t think actual winning has anything to do with perception.

Reactions: Rebel1986
I think our AD’s should bear a lot of the responsibility for the suckage of our program. It’s been a while since we’ve had a decent AD.
Going back .... I thought Livengood had a shot but he was hamstring. I think he had big ideas for advancing UNLV but there was some internal bullshit with allocation of funds that he wasn’t going to overcome.

I wasn’t crazy about Hamrick, the guy was a major dick. That said, he DID have a focus on football and basketball was kinda secondary. Which, when you think about it, in the grand scheme, at that point in time, was probably the appropriate prioritization. It should have come earlier. Even with basketball as secondary, he “got” Kruger but hired Sanford for football which set us back from where Robinson may have had us.

Cavagnaro was brutal. I think a full time JRob would could have been ok, much like a Kruger would be good now. I trust guys that have seen big programs. They know what it take upstairs on the playing field and sidelines.

Before Jrob, which was Cavagnaro, all the way to Rothermel, the AD’s sucked. Weaver and ?? I’m not even sure. It’s been a mess. Presidents too. Not a solitary sports fan or recognizer of the importance of athletics among them.

I learned long ago, the school itself is not set up for big time athletics. Talent, finances are low. The facilities are just fine.

Remember that Christian loonie Reverend Falwell?

He endorsed Liberty U.

that’s where all that money comes from

Reactions: j. spilotro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT