ADVERTISEMENT

Last OOC game will be.....

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Grambling. They were supposed to come here on september 1, but USC asked us to come this year instead of 2019. Hard to pass up when we’re being paid $1.4M to travel to Watts. I guess we made it work with them. Now we have Grambling, UTEP at home, and Arkansas State on the road. We can add a 13th game if we want. I’m not sure what the staff will do. I wouldn’t mind another home game if the team is right.

Last edited:
Is this new info or assumption based on the open noncon slot that's unfilled due to the change in schedule?

I only say it that way because the HBCU deal was specifically intended to be an opening weekend thing, and was brought on in many respects by LVCVA chair Lawrence Weekly (Grambling alumnus). Either way, I wouldn't have been upset to see that game get shuffled around in years, they were 11-2 last year, so they at least know what they're doing.

Gambling. They were supposed to come here on september 1, but USC asked us to come this year instead of 2019. Hard to pass up when we’re being paid $1.4M to travel to Watts. I guess we made it work with them. Now we have Grambling, UTEP at home, and Arkansas State on the road. We can add a 13th game if we want. I’m not sure what the staff will do. I wouldn’t mind another home game if the team is right.
Bring in Howard. We need revenge. The 45 point underdog ripped bowl eligibility from UNLV.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Is this new info or assumption based on the open noncon slot that's unfilled due to the change in schedule?
It's new info. I don't know that the actual date is announced, but Grambling is coming to Vegas next fall.

Reactions: LocoRebel

I only say it that way because the HBCU deal was specifically intended to be an opening weekend thing, and was brought on in many respects by LVCVA chair Lawrence Weekly (Grambling alumnus). Either way, I wouldn't have been upset to see that game get shuffled around in years, they were 11-2 last year, so they at least know what they're doing.
UNLV is playing @ Hawaii this year so we are eligible to play a Week 0 game. We could still open up the year vs Grambling the last weekend in August before the USC game.

Reactions: reagan21
UNLV is playing @ Hawaii this year so we are eligible to play a Week 0 game. We could still open up the year vs Grambling the last weekend in August before the USC game.
Oh good call! I hadn't considered that part of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT