ADVERTISEMENT

Jumbo gets 75 mill for ten years?

unlv91

UNLV Hall of Fame
Apr 18, 2010
Ya unlv can compete with that. All that money is guaranteed. Not sure I like athletics anymore

The best is when he is fired in 4-5 seasons at TAMU when he can't win there consistently. That buyout will be ridiculous. I don't think Jimbo is that good of a recruiter and he will find more issues than he thinks recruiting to TAMU and the SEC. His job just got a whole lot more difficult. The money should put a smile on his face, but I don't think he'll do much there, relatively.

The best is when he is fired in 4-5 seasons at TAMU when he can't win there consistently. That buyout will be ridiculous. I don't think Jimbo is that good of a recruiter and he will find more issues than he thinks recruiting to TAMU and the SEC. His job just got a whole lot more difficult. The money should put a smile on his face, but I don't think he'll do much there, relatively.
Failure or no failure dude is set for life. So are his kids, grandkids, great grandkids

$100M usually is gone after 2 generations. Taxes and infighting kill wealthy families. Probate disputes pay my bills, so I’m cool with it.

Reactions: RebboBiscuit
I would be more than happy to take the $100 million and see how many generations it would take for our family to run out of money!:pray::sunglasses:

I would be more than happy to take the $100 million and see how many generations it would take for our family to run out of money!:pray::sunglasses:
So would I...and he won’t get $75M. There’s no way he lasts 10 years at TAMU.

Jumbo can recruit, not sure he's very good coach at all. He lost his QB, so what, he had enough talent to be better then 6-6. If he has any kind of lawyer, he has trust fund with everything in order the 75 Mill will take care of everyone for generations.

It's weird to me. TAMU is willing to break the bank to hire Jimbo, though if Jumbo had a year at A&M like he had at FSU for the past few years, he probably get fired.

Sure he has a ring. But sometimes I struggle to follow the logic

Ya unlv can compete with that. All that money is guaranteed. Not sure I like athletics anymore
Well some of it has to go to FSU because Jimbo quit while on contract. Fisher will have to pay FSU $7 MILL within 60 days due to his quitting while on contract. Pretty sure he'll get a very nice loan to pay that off.

... I don't think Jimbo is that good of a recruiter ....
Huh? Jimbo's class rank has averaged just over 4th in the nation since he took over at FSU. He recruited Jamies from the state of Alabama right out under the noses of Saban and Malzon. He annually out recruited the gators and the canes for some of the best recruits in the nation. Jimbo is a great recruiter and he'll likely do FAR better against the whorns & TCU in Texas than he did against the gators and the canes in FLA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT