Oct 10, 2013
Noah McGregor‏@nc_mcgregor00 3m3 minutes ago

All Glory to God
1f64f-1f3fe.png
#BEaREBEL

Dw1SsWOVYAAB7La.jpg

Dw1SsWMVYAAygdC.jpg

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Need a little more speed increased with better techniques, he can be really super.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Coach Sams will get him to make them regret that low ranking.

At 6'3 253 he has good size.

I don't know if there was an injury, but he played in only 7 games this last season.

Recorded 13 total tackles (7 solo) and 1.5 for loss, zero sacks.

Not trying to be down on the guy, but his production doesn't exactly jump off the page.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
At 6'3 253 he has good size.

I don't know if there was an injury, but he played in only 7 games this last season.

Recorded 13 total tackles (7 solo) and 1.5 for loss, zero sacks.

Not trying to be down on the guy, but his production doesn't exactly jump off the page.
Where does the "6'3" come from? He's listed as 6'5" everywhere but on RIVALS which lists him as 6'4" coming out of HS.

As for the the number of games, I'll find out, but stats in JUCO are often very deceiving for DLs. JUCO offenses will just go the opposite direction from a DE or OLBer if they can't handle him. The fact that the LBer playing behind him became the defensive player of the year with 76 tackles and the two DLs he played next to made 1st team all conference with fewer tackles per game, sort of supports that he was doing his job pretty well while he was playing in that 2 gap system.

Last edited:
Where does the "6'3" come from? He's listed as 6'5" everywhere but on RIVALS which lists him as 6'4" coming out of HS.

As for the the number of games, I'll find out, but stats in JUCO are often very deceiving. JUCO offenses will just go the opposite direction from a DE or OLBer if they can't handle him.

Sorry 6'5...Team website has him at 6'4.

I'm more interested in the production.

You can look it up on the team page.

He played in 7 games. Recorded 13 or 15 total tackles (I forget) 7 or 8 solo. 1.5 TFL zero sacks.

Again I'm not bashing the guy, numbers don't always tell the entire story. But on paper at least, he hardly looks like a difference maker.

Only had 2 other offers from what I understand.

Last edited:
Shouldn't D1 offenses just run away from guys they can't handle?...

Many do but not as often because there is far less parity across the line at the JUCO level. However, it's done often at the D1 level. Always has been the case. Back in the late 70s, Bear Bryant was asked why his team ran over 80% of his plays to his left against Nebraska. He said something like, "this hat isn't shaped like a cone is it?" The reporter said "No, but why did you do it?" The Bear said "Because George Andrews was lined up to our right. If he had been lined up to our left, then we would have gone right." The Bear turned to the reporter after a couple more questions from other reporters and asked "Ya'll do know that we won the game?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT