ADVERTISEMENT

Jordy

rebelx

qwerty
May 29, 2001
The deep recesses of my mind
twitter.com
I don't get this board's bashing of Jordan. He's not perfect... but he's averaging 14 pts/game, 6 assists/game, and shoots a team high 44% from 3....

He could improve the careless turnovers and his end of game playmaking... but he's, quite honestly, the best PG we've had here in a very long time.

He's NOT the reason McCoy isn't getting the ball in the post (for you that preach this flawed misconception). McCoy's to blame for not getting the ball, most of the time. Dan Dickau summed up everything I've seen last night when he said that McCoy has to be more active in the post. You can't just pin your guy down for 10 seconds....go to a 2nd or 3rd post up. They were fronting McCoy last night and Brandon was getting great position....except for the fact that the help defense was right behind him ready to pounce on it if the pass was made.

Speaking of help defense, McCoy missed so many opportunities at help defense last night that I lost track. I don't know that he's "lazy" or even as slow-footed as everybody says (yes, he's not exactly fleet of foot, but he shows quickness at time too).... I think it's just an overall lack of understanding of the post game (on offense as well as defense).... he's just a raw talent with a few refined skills, and something that can't be taught, height.

....Anyway, my point was that Jordy isn't only the best PG we've had in a while, he's probably our best player. Why are people bashing him? Because he's not perfect?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News