ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Smith high - picked UAB

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
UNLV is on his final four list. Was a 4* recruit to Florida before he went the CC route.

JShmoov‏@Jshmoov1 1h1 hour ago

Thank you for all the schools that showed me love during my second recruiting process thank everyone that stayed down and thank everyone that switched up but I will be making a decision tomorrow out of these 4 schools @unlvfootball @SouthernMissFB @HerdFB @UAB_FB
1f64f-1f3fd.png
pic.twitter.com/6yiLBQicIu

DupTNOgV4AI7rYy.jpg

DupTNRHV4AAceEV.jpg

DupTNIFV4AUe14Q.jpg

DupTNCYU0AAFiFd.jpg

There is no doubt about Coach Skipper's huge impact on this recruiting class.
Jordan Smith gives UNLV a pass rush all by himself. If I remembered correctly he had 9.5 QB sacks last year alone.
I believe he only took 2 official visits: Marshall, and UNLV.
Let's hope for good news tomorrow.

Jordan had 68 tackle, including 11 qb sacks this season.
How many sacks did UNLV have this year?

Jordan had 68 tackle, including 11 qb sacks this season.
How many sacks did UNLV have this year?

Just over 20 I think. Can't remember exact number.

It was double the prior year, but still not very good.

I think 4.5 or 5 lead the team.

Having a potential double digit sack guy would be a huge get. Something UNLV hasn't had in a long time.

There is no doubt about Coach Skipper's huge impact on this recruiting class.
Jordan Smith gives UNLV a pass rush all by himself. If I remembered correctly he had 9.5 QB sacks last year alone.
I believe he only took 2 official visits: Marshall, and UNLV.
Let's hope for good news tomorrow.

Has pictures at UAB and Southern Miss. Announced they were among final four.

I just checked that. UNLV had 21 sacks all year. 4.5 led the team by McCoy.
the most tackles by a UNLV Defensive lineman last season was 37.
Jordan would have a huge impact on UNLV' defense.

I just checked that. UNLV had 21 sacks all year. 4.5 led the team by McCoy.
the most tackles by a UNLV Defensive lineman last season was 37.
Jordan would have a huge impact on UNLV' defense.

Agreed.

Need a disruptive guy up front.

Haven't had one in a long time.

The most for any player is 20 in a season. I can't find anyone for UNLV over 21 for their career, and that is Josh Shirley who played 3 of 4 years for Washington.

The most for any player is 20 in a season. I can't find anyone for UNLV over 21 for their career, and that is Josh Shirley who played 3 of 4 years for Washington.

Byers was listed as 20.5 for the '94 season. Quite possible he isn't credited with the .5 sack everywhere.

I can't find any list of records that go back that far for individual schools.

Only sources I found are Wikipedia...(I know not exactly the Encyclopedia Britannica) And that link from WaPo giving 20.5 sacks for Byers on the season and leading the nation in sacks.

Jordan’s getting a lot of love from UNLV fans in the comments. Not sure if that’ll influence his decision but good stuff guys!

I hope Jordan knows how much UNLV fans look forward to watching him play for the Rebels!

UAB? I don't get it. Oh well, on to the next.

Same thing I just posted to somebody else.

Lost football for two years.

Since returning

6-6
8-5
11-3 Won their bowl game tonight.

UAB was hardly a football hotbed before losing football.

To be completely without a program for two years and be bowl eligible three straight seasons since returning is impressive...

We're not the only one getting new facilities.

It was very unfortunate timing having UAB win a bowl game on the eve of signing day. Within an hour of that game ending Jordan Smith announced he was picking UAB.

It was probably also a factor that UAB is just a two hour drive from his hometown in Georgia.

It was very unfortunate timing having UAB win a bowl game on the eve of signing day. Within an hour of that game ending Jordan Smith announced he was picking UAB.

It was probably also a factor that UAB is just a two hour drive from his hometown in Georgia.

And that they've won 25 games over the last three years.

Opened a new facility last year.

Coach there deserves a ton of credit rebuilding that program after it was dissolved for two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT