ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Tedford out at Fresno State

I am tempted to look at his twitter. That guy will report anything he's told in either direction. Guy appears to be a big UNLV fan, but boy is there a lot of vetting of sources NOT being done...
UNLV won’t go the Skipper direction. He’s trying to drum up stuff for a buddy.

If UNLV goes the way of Skipper, things fell apart to a Menzies proportion. UNLV can’t possibly have two Three Mile Island situations in four years.

Arrigo is reporting that there is mutual interest in Skipper for HC there.

Sorry, but typing that made me laugh.

Cool. I hope he gets the gig.

I'm not saying Tim Skipper is a bad football coach.

But nothing he did here screamed 'Give this man the keys'

115/104 in total defense two years in a row.

Sacks dropped this season. Forced turnovers decreased this year.

Did shave about 4 ppg against off from last year but still gave up over 30 which isn't good.

Guy can recruit. Is considered a very good position coach. Maybe he didn't have all the type of guys he needed here to fit his scheme.

The three best defensive performances were Hawaii, Vandy and SDSU.

SDSU and Vandy are 115 and 120 in total offense.

The Hawaii performance was impressive...

All I know is if Fresno State gets a better hire than us I'm going to flip.

Reactions: 220reb
All I know is if Fresno State gets a better hire than us I'm going to flip.

Be prepared to flip. Unlike UNLV, Fresno has a long history of being committed to football. I would trust their admin more than ours. Even with everything UNLV has going for them right now I’d say it’s still no better than 50/50 odds UNLV gets a better coach.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Be prepared to flip. Unlike UNLV, Fresno has a long history of being committed to football. I would trust their admin more than ours. Even with everything UNLV has going for them right now I’d say it’s still no better than 50/50 odds UNLV gets a better coach.

Agree with this!

Cool. I hope he gets the gig.

I'm not saying Tim Skipper is a bad football coach.

But nothing he did here screamed 'Give this man the keys'

115/104 in total defense two years in a row.

Sacks dropped this season. Forced turnovers decreased this year.

Did shave about 4 ppg against off from last year but still gave up over 30 which isn't good.

Guy can recruit. Is considered a very good position coach. Maybe he didn't have all the type of guys he needed here to fit his scheme.

The three best defensive performances were Hawaii, Vandy and SDSU.

SDSU and Vandy are 115 and 120 in total offense.

The Hawaii performance was impressive...

There was more improvement Within the season than in between seasons. The defense definitely looked better at the end of the year than it did at the beginning.

There was more improvement Within the season than in between seasons. The defense definitely looked better at the end of the year than it did at the beginning.

I guess. Maybe. A little. Forced more turnovers late in season. Beyond that not much else was all that much better.

They gave up over 500 yards and 30 to SJSU.

They surrendered almost 500 yards and 30 to Reno.

Gave up around 500 yards to Hawaii.

Hawaii was solid in that they kept Hawaii out of the endzone, but they still bled a lot of yards.

Best two showings of the year were vs Vandy and SDSU. Both those offenses are around the 110s.

Sacks were cut nearly in half this season from last year and turnovers were down.

They shaved a couple points per game off vs last year.

I'm not sure they were all that much better to be honest.

They gave up 30+ in four of last six games.

It might have been better, but not much..

Last edited:
Reactions: bcvegaspt
They gave up over 500 yards and 30 to SJSU.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT