ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Horton

rebswin2

Rebel Legend
Apr 5, 2004
San Diego, CA UNLV'94
Just announced his retirement. He led UNLV to a bowl game but like every coach after him not named JRob, he was fired fromUNLV. He had a really nice career as an assistant coach after he was let go from UNLV. I could be completely mistaken but I thought his wife was diagnosed with MS while he was at UNLV

• Sad
Reactions: RebelScrub
Enjoy Retirement @coachHorton

I actually shook his hand as he was greeting people at the meadows mall in 1994 or 1995.

He is the essence of a Rebel. He defected to us and made our rivalry what it was. Under his tutelage, My hate for the north grew as I learned what it was like to hate Reno, their school, their university and their fans.

When he left @Slapdad, boy was there some serious resentment from the little general, Chris Fault.

I’m sorry to hear that his wife has MS. That is a SERIOUS debilitating disease. I “implore” you all to look up what it is.

The seeds of contempt were planted with his defection!!!

I f’n loved it looking back. Please tell me we beat Reno under his watch. I cannot remember.

Enjoy Retirement @coachHorton

I actually shook his hand as he was greeting people at the meadows mall in 1994 or 1995.

He is the essence of a Rebel. He defected to us and made our rivalry what it was. Under his tutelage, My hate for the north grew as I learned what it was like to hate Reno, their school, their university and their fans.

When he left @Slapdad, boy was there some serious resentment from the little general, Chris Fault.

I’m sorry to hear that his wife has MS. That is a SERIOUS debilitating disease. I “implore” you all to look up what it is.

The seeds of contempt were planted with his defection!!!

I f’n loved it looking back. Please tell me we beat Reno under his watch. I cannot remember.
The resentment didn't stop with the Lil General....pretty much the entire city of Reno hated Horton. They have since patched things up, but it's easy to understand why a head coach jumping .to the in-state rival and taking all but one coach and several players with him would rile up a fan base...and it was a lot of fun! Horton beat the Pack the first year in LV on a late score (and Todd Floyd, a QB that jumped to the Rebels from the Pack...though I think he was a WR in LV, running around flipping the Pack coaches and players the bird), but took a beating the following year in Reno and the field erupted into chaos with Quincy Sanders throwing his helmet at Ault and everything else you could imagine. I miss those days...and Horton is still a scoundrel! Sorry to hear about his wife though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT