ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Goodman top 50 for 2020, no UNLV

saulpaul21

UNLV Hall of Fame
Apr 18, 2006
We were told UNLV back to the NCAA tournament this coming year. Maybe can still happen, but did not crack top 50 in new rating from Jeff Goodman.

We were told UNLV back to the NCAA tournament this coming year. Maybe can still happen, but did not crack top 50 in new rating from Jeff Goodman.
There’s no earthly reason for ranking us in the top 50. It may happen, who knows, but you’d have to toss out logic to put us in the top 50. Putting us in the top 50 means you think that the many new faces click. Few hitches. That doesn’t happen often. It would also assume some overachieving of unprovens. It just takes wholesale benefit of the doubt to put this team top 50.

My point was, if you are not in top 35, only way you make tourney is to win conference tourney. So if we are not projected to be in top 50 the claims of being back in the tourney this year after they signed Jenkins maybe a bit wishful.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I don’t think this is true. There are 36 at large bids but of the conference tournament winners, 15 probably would have had an invite so your are looking at being top 50 to make the tournament as an at large. Also, that is top 50 at the end of the year not in April.

I don’t know if we make the tournament next year; however, I like our position this April way better than last April and that is what I want to see consistent real movement forward during the season and each offseason. My guess based on our OOC schedule next year, the only way we make the tournament is winning the MWC bid. Depending on turnover the earliest to expect an at-large would be 2022.

I don't expect the Rebels to make to NCAA tournament next year as an at large bid with 1 significant returning starter and 10 new players if you count the 2 red-shirts that are new eligible as also new. But, if the team gels, I could see it happening. I can't remember ever having this many players with the ability to shoot from the outside. The 3-point streak is definitely not going to be in jeopardy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT