ADVERTISEMENT

Jakelyn Morgan

Never thought we'd be able to keep everyone. That's just how it goes. Too bad he left a rising program for a fading one.

We still have 4 corners committed so he would have made 5 that’s a lot for 1 recruiting cycle no surprise we lost 1

Never thought we'd be able to keep everyone. That's just how it goes. Too bad he left a rising program for a fading one.
It’s still going to be tough. I have a feeling we will lose a couple more. He recruited higher level... power schools can poach. It sucks but it’s hard to protect against.

Interesting we lost him to the school that brought us Midnight Lute, who practically elevated poaching to an art form. RIP, Coach.

I am not sure that hurts UNLV at all, and in regards to our overall class ranking, it helps that he has left. Depending on the ratings, he was either the next to lowest or two spots above the lowest rated recruit in the class ranking. It makes me wonder if he may have left because he was being recruited over by better recruits, and could see the writing on the wall? Did he get a scholarship with Arizona or a preferred walk-on? Arizona was the only upper level program that even recruited him, with most of the others being MWC or lower division programs.

The average ranking of the class actually moved up with him leaving! Average class ranking is now 0.8340! Prior to his leaving the class, we had a ranking average of around 0.8331, and we had an average ranking that was below Fresno State at 0.8332.

The following CB's in the UNLV recruiting class:

Kameron Blanton 0.8498
Cameron Oliver 0.8173
Kilinahe Mendiola Jensen 0.8118

Jaklyn Morgan 0.8051

Reactions: LocoRebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT