ADVERTISEMENT

It's going to be a very long year

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
When you can't tackle you can't win. Plain and simple. A school like UNLV cannot afford to replace 9 new guys on defense in a given season. I love some of these people. The defense will be better with all the new guys. That is really not how it works in college football. You can't allow that high of a turnover on defense. That is how you lose to a horrible 2-9 FCS school. One of the worst teams in FCS...

Reactions: willlevi
When you can't tackle you can't win. Plain and simple. A school like UNLV cannot afford to replace 9 new guys on defense in a given season. I love some of these people. The defense will be better with all the new guys. That is really not how it works in college football. You can't allow that high of a turnover on defense. That is how you lose to a horrible 2-9 FCS school. One of the worst teams in FCS...

Is Howard a 2-9 FCS school? Pretty sure they're 1-0. New coaches, new QB... What basis do you have for saying they are one of the worst teams in FCS?

Sounds a lot like saying we lost to one of the worst FBS teams last year (Idaho)...oh wait, that was a bowl team.

Reactions: 530Rebel
Sorry they went 2-10 last year. They are a national power. It is only the biggest upset in history based on the spread ever. Enjoy the season...

You are right though. Howard is ranked 119 in FCS. Maybe not the worst. But very very crappy...

Sorry they went 2-10 last year. They are a national power. It is only the biggest upset in history based on the spread ever. Enjoy the season...
Keep playing that "worst loss in the history of the world" tune hat everyone finds so catchy. I'm sure the oddsmakers had lots of insiders at Howard's practices and knew they were a terrible team... but we just suck even worse. Let's let the season play out, is all I'm saying.

That is fine with me. But the defense has to make a major improvement in order to be competitive. We will see how it plays out...

Reactions: RebelBuzz
A team that hasn't been to a bowl or had a winning record in 5 years should never be a 45 point favorite to start a season against anybody. Especially when just about the entire defense was replaced and starting a rs freshman qb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT