It's all about the wins and losses...

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
If you are a top 25 team. We aren't.

This was a great game and this game, even though it was a loss, had far, far more value than an OT win vs SJSU, an ugly home hanging on vs SJSU, and the myriad of punching bags faced in the first half of the season.

THIS type of game shows you more about a team. The team showed that they CAN be focused, that they CAN play tough, that, though sporadic, they can defend. They CAN play. I mean, it might not amount to anything short term or long term.... but that was an entertaining game and it showed some guts. Yes guts. I wanted to see guts!

Jordan made the right play at the end. It's funny, in the two games where I felt like he made the right decision late, we dropped the games. This one was "easier" but it was just hard luck that the shot and follow didn't drop. That's the game. I'd rather have it end on a hard luck break than a braindead decision.

I was proud of the team tonight. We were far from perfect, there were a couple of poor decisions later in the game.... but you aren't going to get perfection from anyone. They played hard, they competed hard.... they showed me something.

The only real criticism I have tonight is how in the hell do you not call a time out when BSU is going on a surging run at home? That made exactly zero sense. Seriously though. What was he thinking?

I would have had more confidence in a well played win than a well played loss, but when the basektball gods aren't looking down upon you, sometimes you get beat by the game of inches. But I'd seriously take a game like tonight over one of those very poorly played wins or snoozer blowouts against teams that should be playing at Orr Middle School's gym.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News