ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Been A While

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
It has been quite a while since there has been a player on the team that I would call my favorite player. I enjoyed watching DJ, Bennet, Moser and a couple others but none that would rise to the level of being a favorite player.

Some of my favorite players through the years have been Tommy Watkins, Lou Small, Booker T Washington, Eddie Owens, Stacey Augmon, Armon Gilliam, Jimmy Baker & Marcus Banks to name a few. These last few years there just hasn’t been any continuity to really provide a chance to really get to know the players and watch them develop but finally I have a new favorite player.

Bryce Hamilton will be that guy for me if he sticks around another year. I think that with the team coming in he is just going to flourish. Otz wants shooters and passers and I think he has them coming in. Moving Wood & the Italian Stallion outside to shoot and draw the opposing teams bigs away from the basket will leave Hammy free to move about the key. He is too strong for a guard to handle him inside.

Might have a few new faves coming in next year as well. Excited for the future!

PS OTZ is my favorite coach since Tark.

I loved Booker T. back in the old wcac days. Also loved Gondo and Sam Smith but it's been years since I've had a favorite also. Expecting good things in the future. I think we've seen that Otz is a big jump up in coaching from Marvin.

What a great topic and well written article. Bryce was my favorite player when he first got here. Always thought Menzies should have played him more. I love his game and the way he conducts himself. And yes , I’ve had many favorite players. Silas Stepp, Elburt Miller and on thru the years. I am a little different from most people when it concerns our glory years player. Most people loved Augmon or Johnson but my favorite guy was Mr Anderson Hunt. Could talk about this topic for hours.

Reactions: mrodius
Speaking of it being a while, just downloaded the latest Rebel-Net podcast. I haven't finished it yet but its gold as usual. Thanks for the hookup!

Reactions: j. spilotro
Not necessarily a "favorite" player, but was nice seeing Christian Wood have a great game for the Pistons vs the Jazz other night. 30 pts 11 boards. To be honest didn't even realize he was doing anything in the NBA.
He's been balling for the Pistons!

He's been balling for the Pistons!

Yea took a look at his stats. On paper he is playing great. He took it to Gobert and had several monster dunks in that game and fighting for boards. Think it was the 3rd quarter he killed it. Going to have to keep an eye on him I guess. I talked to his mom a little bit at a Utah State game she was at

Say McCoy last night playing for Toronto. Nothing fantastic stat wise for him.

Pleasantly surprised to see another podcast of Rebel-net posted. I wondered - what in the world is there to talk about right now?

Listen and that question will be answered.

Thanks Joe!

Pleasantly surprised to see another podcast of Rebel-net posted. I wondered - what in the world is there to talk about right now?

Listen and that question will be answered.

Thanks Joe!
No problem. Not sure if you are talking about the series with Futrell or my solo effort here. The solo effort was difficult, those are really hard to do when it’s not a conversation. Plus my memory ain’t what it once was, focus isn’t always the sharpest and allows for tangents. But it was kind of surprising to be able to talk for whatever it was, 1 hr 45 minutes or so.

Reactions: Rebelbadger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT