ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Gave away 20 points on turnovers and lost their rivalry game to Iowa. They'll want blood from their next victim - us.

I guess it depends where we'll be bleeding from. Hope they at least buy dinner first.

They gave us $3.5 mill so we get to keep tennis and womens soccer. Were good! Gave basketball a chance to hire a proven coach Kevin Kruger. Enjoy our city!

Iowa State -30.5
Over/Under 52

Hard to play that line without knowing who the UNLV QB will be.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Do you risk Brumfield getting injured against ISU? At the very least, I would try to keep qb runs/scrambles to a minimum.

You play to win the game. You don't play to not get hurt. Either you are healthy enough to play or you aren't.

If you limit QB runs, you limit his effectiveness and the effectiveness of the offense as a whole.

Do you risk Brumfield getting injured against ISU? At the very least, I would try to keep qb runs/scrambles to a minimum.

I wouldn’t play him unless he’s close to 100%. This game is a loss whether Doug plays or not. It’s hard to say without knowing the injury but if it’s something where Brumfield could re-injure it the rest of the season looks a lot different if Justin Rogers is starting multiple games.

I wouldn't just call the game a loss before UNLV even plays. UNLV was very competitive with ASU until Brumfield went out with an injury in the 3rd quarter. The score entering the 4th quarter was 21-10.

Reactions: RebelScrub
We have a ton of issues, but whatever was going on with our QB situation tonight, needs to be figured out immediately
Seriously. The switching qbs every play is horrible for the confidence too. This guy is in so far over his head. Most noncompetitive teams I've seen at unlv (been painfully watching since jrob days). Only ones close to as bad were hauck before Caleb Herring singlehandedly saved his job for a season.

Losing has always been painful. But not being competitive at all, is soul crushing. I watched one play where 7 of our players had a hand on one of theirs before finally making the tackle. Is Iowa state that intimidating? With Hauck at least we had a little toughness and hit people.

(Yes, I understand it’s Easy for me to Sunday morning quarterback and Yes I understand I’m Just a fan and every single one of these kids is physically tougher than 51 year old me.). I’m grasping at straws this morning and I just can’t seem to wrap my head around just how poorly we played last night.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that all of the kids are physically tough, it just doesn't help if the coaching staff isn't teaching them what to do during a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT