ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Preview

There are some Football games in the past Wisconsin @ UNLV, UCLA @ UNLV, UNLV @ USC and UNLV @ Vandy were I say let’s keep it close. Then these games @ Michigan @ BYU and now ISU @ UNLV were I say well hopefully nobody get’s hurt and the score is not too bad.

We suck. One of the worst football teams in FBS again. Will be very hard to get a win.

114th - Defense
125th - Offense.

A difficult task to be so bad on both sides of the ball but we have accomplished it. Again.

Funny how a win against EWU would have made UNLV look much better on a national level. UNLV played Arizona State straight up into the 4th quarter which wouldn't be normal for a bottom ranked team. While the media makes it seem like it was due to much better play in the second half by Arizona State, I think it had a lot more to do with the QB change. Fix the QB issue, and UNLV could still have a decent season! If we must changed QB's, I hope they give Tate a chance since Rodgers has failed miserably twice!

Reactions: 220reb
Actually National level perception of UNLV right now is we have not won a game since we fired our high school coach 2 years ago. And we killed off our mascot because…..well lets leave politics out of this one.

On the plus side..

ISU has had their own struggles on offense.

QB is struggling.

Turnovers.

On the negative side...

They are playing us....The great equalizer..

In all honesty, I actually think this game might look just like ASU game. Rebs keep it close through 3 quarters...

Reactions: RebelScrub
Iowa St coming off emotional rival game loss to Iowa, I could see UNLV hanging into 2nd half

In some ways it is better that the other team will not know which QB to practice for, but they better be able to put a QB on the field that can actually complete plays!

We suck. One of the worst football teams in FBS again. Will be very hard to get a win.

114th - Defense
125th - Offense.

A difficult task to be so bad on both sides of the ball but we have accomplished it. Again.
Bring back Sanchez!

Article indicates it will be someone who has not yet started.

Tate or cam friel, who ya got?

First I'm surprised. Honestly thought Rogers would get the start albeit with a short leash.

I'd have a better feel if practices were open and I had a chance to see them..

I really have no idea. Either trotting out to take the first snap wouldn't shock me..

But I hate fence sitters so gun to head forced to pick......

Martell

Rogers has already had two shots and done nothing. If they gave him a start with a short leash, the game would most likely be over in the first quarter!

Reactions: rickyb55
I still really love Cam Friel's high school tape. He gets through progressions, moves coverages with his eyes, seems to be able to throw all the reasonable route trees in a modern spread offense, and throws people open. He doesn't bring much read option athleticism, and he doesn't have a ++ arm, but if his football IQ and accuracy can adapt to the faster speeds of the college game I have some secret hope that he might end up being a dude.

At this point, Rogers is literally 4th on the depth chart. If you can toss a football, your in front of Rogers. An injured Doug Brumfield is in front of Rogers. I'm in front of Rogers. Your in front of Rogers. Mr. Rogers is in front of Rogers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT