ADVERTISEMENT

If we land him, Could you Imagine?? Sorry (Long)...

Jay's Rebel's

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Cheikh Mbacke Diong

You can definitely see why Louisville, Purdue (just offered), Pitt, and Connecticut have offered!! The kid has great talent already but his potential to grow is what has me most excited..

He's more than just a big body; runs the floor exceptionally well, big time rim protector, has a decent touch, and can pass pretty damn well for a big man.

I'm excited to see what happens!! Even if it is a long shot, next years squad could actually surprise some people, could you imagine the potential size and athleticism??

Bigs
Mbacke Dione 6'10 230 (How do you all feel about him after seeing some video?? I like what i see).

Cheickna D. 6'11 250 (with a full off-season to put on further weight and experience, I believe he will be the most improved player from freshmen-sophomore year).

Louis Bangai 6'10 250 (Looks to be a skilled freshmen but obviously he will need to adjust and adapt to D1 ball. Still, looks very serviceable and has promising potential, not to mention, MORE size, and another rim protector.

Djordgi S. 6'10 240 (Obviously he is still learning and growing as a player, but still a much needed asset to have another big body for game plans and in case of injury or foul trouble. But also, wait and see mode on his future).

Forwards
DWAYNE MORGAN 6'8 225 (I hope his recovery goes well and he gets back to 100%. I love dwayne (my favorite rebel), but i expect a lot out of him next year, hes gotta further increase his role as a leader).

Kris Clyburn 6'6 190 (Showed great potential at certain points throughout the year. He just needs to focus on the weight room and becoming more consistent. Other than that, i love his motor and work ethic, you can't teach that.

Troy Baxter Jr. 6'8 190 (I hope the injury reports are the only thing that is wrong with TBJ. There has been rumors that he may be unhappy, but i hope he stays. Potential is through the roof).

Ben Coupet 6'7 190 (I wanted to see more of Ben up to this point, i like his motor and basketball IQ. I think he could be a great contributor next year, as long as he commits and works hard in the off-season).

Anthony Smith 6'7 180 (This guy is one of the more exciting recruits that i can remember. He is very athletic, great defender, and can jump out of the gym, we'll have to see, but another athletic freak doesn't hurt).

Guards
Jordan Johnson 5'11 175 (I have only seen a few clips/highlights on him, other than that, i don't know how he has been progressing throughout this season in practice, but i PRAY that we have finally found our floor general, even if it is only for a year).

Jovan Mooring 6'2 185 (Although he has shown that he can handle and pass the ball, i think we all can agree that he should find more consistency and success at the 2, with Johnson running the show, lets hope).

Zion Morgan 6'5 180 (Love Zions defense and game attitude but he too, needs to get in the weight room and continue to work and grow his game).

Jay Greene 6'5 185 (Long and athletic. I love his style, Mite take him awhile to adjust, but who knows, i think he could possibly contribute right away as well).

Jalen Poyser 6'4 180 (Disappointing!!! I guess we'll wait and see what his future has in store).

That's 13 scholarships right there. Honestly, I know this squad would be very young and raw, but with the amount of size, athleticism, potential, and FINALLY/HOPEFULLY a steady PG, i believe the REBS would be in pretty good shape with this.

However, obviously there is still a lot to figure out and see who's leaving/getting pushed out, but we still got Lamine Diane and Brandon Mccoy on the market, which i know we all would love to have both.

I don't know about you guys, but id like to show Poyser and Djordgi (as much as hate to say it) the door. I think it's time for Poyser to get a change of scenery and move on. It sucks for guys like Djordgi because he is hardworking and a great teammate, but if Diane and Mccoy are able and willing to come, you gotta make room for them.

Now: You take Djordgi and Poyser out and ADD: Mccoy and Diane to those other 11 above....

WOW!! I don't know if I'm getting overly optimistic here, i know there are so many moving parts and decisions to be made, but i can't help but look at the best possible scenario.. And this potential squad would have me THRILLED!!

Sorry about the length, got kinda excited about the potential here.

Any thoughts/opinions?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News