ADVERTISEMENT

If there is no season this year...

RebelMan5000

Conference POY
Jun 20, 2018
How would eligibility work? Would everyone be granted an additional year of eligibility? Would the number of available scholarships go up by that amount as well? Or do they have to cut some scholarships to fit in the incoming freshman class. I'm not sure if the latter would be an advantage or disadvantage for a small school like UNLV.

How would eligibility work? Would everyone be granted an additional year of eligibility? Would the number of available scholarships go up by that amount as well? Or do they have to cut some scholarships to fit in the incoming freshman class. I'm not sure if the latter would be an advantage or disadvantage for a small school like UNLV.
All good questions.

I’m having a hard time believing that the season will start or even happen. If it gets cancelled, wow .... some schools can’t afford to carry extra schollies, ripping schollies away for covid... that’s unfair but what can you do? It’s going to be interesting how it all plays out. There is no really good solution, imo, to where there isn’t some sort of fallout ... either personal or financial. It’s just going to be awful.

I am guessing if football is cancelled then all sports will be cancelled. I have heard to many ad's, school presidents, and league commisioners say that football supports their athletic department and without a season they cant afford to play the other sports.
As far as schollies I would think they would give a year of eligibility to all players if the season is cancelled. Only because that is what they did for the spring season athletes. But i dont think they will raise the amount of possible schollies. I think the league will say all players have one more year of eligibility but it is up to the schools to decide if they keep their current players or bring in new freshman on schollies and boot cuurent players from the team or make them pay their own way. Any way they do it I can see a cluster F#!* coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT