ADVERTISEMENT

I really don't want to jinx it, but..

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
Do we legit have a weakness? I mean a glaring one?
Honestly before last game it was the passing game and maybe the traditional run game.
Now our weakest position group may be the RBs, and they have been overall good.
It is definitely the honeymoon phase, but HMW looks very good. So much that the offense seems "unlocked"
The O line has been very good the past couple of games, but again traditional running plays on early downs has not been great. But we know it is big and experienced. Pass pro has been very good at least with HMW.
WR corps, nuff said.
D line has been a strength, winning the battle up front.
LB Corps, nuff said, and that is with McDuffie hurt
Secondary, I mean it is an embarrassment of riches.
Kicking game solid, above average Kicking and punting.
Return game, I mean hello!?!? McFly?!?!
Coaching? don't even talk to me.

We are not a perfect team, and like Coach Odom says every week, they can and need to get better to reach their potential, But I do think we are tough to figure out, and we have options to adjust to in game.

Don;t hate me for writing this down, I kinda hate myself for it. But I was thinking, and man this really seems like a complete team.

Do we legit have a weakness? I mean a glaring one?
Honestly before last game it was the passing game and maybe the traditional run game.
Now our weakest position group may be the RBs, and they have been overall good.
It is definitely the honeymoon phase, but HMW looks very good. So much that the offense seems "unlocked"
The O line has been very good the past couple of games, but again traditional running plays on early downs has not been great. But we know it is big and experienced. Pass pro has been very good at least with HMW.
WR corps, nuff said.
D line has been a strength, winning the battle up front.
LB Corps, nuff said, and that is with McDuffie hurt
Secondary, I mean it is an embarrassment of riches.
Kicking game solid, above average Kicking and punting.
Return game, I mean hello!?!? McFly?!?!
Coaching? don't even talk to me.

We are not a perfect team, and like Coach Odom says every week, they can and need to get better to reach their potential, But I do think we are tough to figure out, and we have options to adjust to in game.

Don;t hate me for writing this down, I kinda hate myself for it. But I was thinking, and man this really seems like a complete team.
Episode 1 Charlie GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Short yard downs
Still think our corners are a weakness if asked to standalone
WR utilization- were heavy on White
With a true triple option now available and a short passing game unlocked, short yardage situations seem to be much better. I think people are dwelling on the 4th and goal a little too much. I think that was a broken play/mistake.

Short yard downs
Still think our corners are a weakness if asked to standalone
WR utilization- were heavy on White
I think we went to White last week on purpose. Usually teams try to establish a run. It looked like Marion’s game plan was to remind folks that White is still an AA, and he’s on the field.

I’m looking for spreading the ball around this week and the weeks after.

That being said, if White is read #1 and he’s open you don’t go progress to read #2.

Last edited:
Weaknesses - a consistent WR2, not using Ballungay, play calling at critical times and while pass rushing is slightly better than past years, we need consistent pressure from the front 4!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT