ADVERTISEMENT

I learned long ago be careful what you wish for …

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
But watching BSU/AFA, I really think I’d rather play AFA. Banged up, sliding … on 4th string QB, They’re tough to prepare for, but we topped off our prep recently. They’re inflexible, what are they going to do, a wrinkle or two? Throw a ton?

Ok the other hand, I think we are better than Boise, but that interim deal could work for them. We’ve tackled one on one pretty well, but they’ve got some runners with moves.

Screw it, whatever happens happens.

Just win tomorrow.

Idk... outside a down USU, Boise had 0 conference road wins since beating a bad SDSU in September. All the other wins had been in Boise.

Reactions: j. spilotro
But watching BSU/AFA, I really think I’d rather play AFA. Banged up, sliding … on 4th string QB, They’re tough to prepare for, but we topped off our prep recently. They’re inflexible, what are they going to do, a wrinkle or two? Throw a ton?

Ok the other hand, I think we are better than Boise, but that interim deal could work for them. We’ve tackled one on one pretty well, but they’ve got some runners with moves.

Just win tomorrow.
I think Boise is playing considerably better ball without Avalos at the helm. They are still beatable undoubtedly. Jeanty is top tier weapon and their punter is excellent. If it's UNLV vs BSU in the championship, I think it pays off that we have just played Peasley/ Wyoming, AFA, and Cordeiro/ SJSU before Green/ BSU. Happy McAlister won't be with them.

I also think it will be a big brand win opportunity. Sure, they aren't BSU of 5-10 years ago. They are still good and still recognized as a top flight G5 brand.

I think Boise is playing considerably better ball without Avalos at the helm. They are still beatable undoubtedly. Jeanty is top tier weapon and their punter is excellent. If it's UNLV vs BSU in the championship, I think it pays off that we have just played Peasley/ Wyoming, AFA, and Cordeiro/ SJSU before Green/ BSU. Happy McAlister won't be with them.

I also think it will be a big brand win opportunity. Sure, they aren't BSU of 5-10 years ago. They are still good and still recognized as a top flight G5 brand.
Yeah, I think the name recognition will carry some good weight for voters if it comes to that and it will play well nationally and with recruiting

Just win tomorrow.

Win tomorrow the rest sorts it out.

I said a few weeks back Boise wasn't out of this thing. A lot of talent on that roster.

I would still rather play Boise.

Not because of match up preference. More because I think it would resonate more in terms of 'UNLV has turned a corner'.

I said a few weeks back Boise wasn't out of this thing. A lot of talent on that roster.

Not because of match up preference. More because I think it would resonate more in terms of 'UNLV has turned a corner'.
Certainly. Fans definitely react to “in name only”.

Boom

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Air Force is sliding big time. They have done the best against us that any of their last 4 games.
We have resolve, but we do tend to have some bad stretches.
We need more solid end to end games, like UNM.
We can't lapse today or in the championship game which will be Boise with a win or SJSU/Boise with a loss.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Air Force is sliding big time. They have done the best against us that any of their last 4 games.
We have resolve, but we do tend to have some bad stretches.
We need more solid end to end games, like UNM.
We can't lapse today or in the championship game which will be Boise with a win or SJSU/Boise with a loss.
I do think that UNLV did have their most complete game vs UNM.

You really aren’t going to get start to finish domination/complete football. Ball bounces funny, sometimes complacency or defeat (both human nature) creep in a tiny bit.

I do think we need a game with focus and determination like UNM.

Just win tomorrow, UNLV is getting better and better, coaching and just learning to win and playing hard!
When I was treating some of the players years ago, the mindset in November was "I'll just go through the motions until the season is over."

It doesn't look like this staff is allowing that and the players aren't reflecting that. Focus and effort are still there.

Very good to see!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT