ADVERTISEMENT

I know it’s Veterans Day weekend but I hope people show up on Friday.

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
*Do people go out of town for Veteran’s Day??*

These young men and coaching staff deserve 30k+ against the Cowboys. I’d hope the ADpt is smart enough to have some sort of veteran’s outreach to get current members and former members of the military some sort of discount or 2 for 1 tickets to the game.

See everyone there with my +3

Reactions: 220reb
Agreed with the Military Discount Hopefully that includes Discount on Parking as Well !

This Team is having an Outstanding Season and do Deserve 30K or 40K+ !!

Happy Early Veteran's Day to All my Fellow Veteran's !!!

From what I have seen on the UNLV tickets site and secondary markets, UNLV football ticket sales have picked up recently. I would be happy with 25K plus attendance, with the expectation/hope that winning that game and the Air Force game would give UNLV a chance to get to around 30K for the final game of the season.

From what I have seen on the UNLV tickets site and secondary markets, UNLV football ticket sales have picked up recently. I would be happy with 25K plus attendance, with the expectation/hope that winning that game and the Air Force game would give UNLV a chance to get to around 30K for the final game of the season.
I'm fearful of the effect a 7:45 start will have on attendance. It will especially hurt parents with really young kids. I'd be happy with anything over 23K.

I’m spending Thanksgiving week with my wife and kids at the Newport Villas in Newport Beach. We did this in 2018 and it was the greatest Thanksgiving I’ve ever had. No extended family. No need to cook a huge meal. Just perfect weather, sports, and relaxation.

When I made the reservations last January I accidentally made the reservation for Friday the 17 - Friday the 24th instead of Sat - Sat. My wife and I were pissed we’d be traveling the day after Thanksgiving. Now I can’t be happier. We’ll be home for the SJSU game with possible huge post season/bowl game implications.

Last edited:
I'm fearful of the effect a 7:45 start will have on attendance. It will especially hurt parents with really young kids. I'd be happy with anything over 23K.
It’s a Friday night on a day no kids will be going to school. I don’t think it will hurt as bad as a Thursday or Saturday night game would.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It’s a Friday night on a day no kids will be going to school. I don’t think it will hurt as bad as a Thursday or Saturday night game would.
From look at the tickets still available on the UNLV stadium ticket map, the Wyoming games ticket sales are currently significantly better than those of the SJSU game. Currently it looks like less tickets sold than the Hawaii game, but it appears to be close.

Wyoming usually travels really well. I’m wondering if many of them had to choose between Vegas for football in November or Vegas in December for the NFR.

So many excuses for not attending games is the Las Vegas way.. I would've killed for a UNLV football team that was competitive in a game, let alone dominating teams. I spent hours getting to and being at Sam Boyd over the course of my time in Vegas with teams that were straight bad. You have a team with 7 wins and could end up with as many as 11 or 12 if things played out perfectly and I hear people complaining that parking is too expensive or that they don't care for the bus or the game is too late or they cant leave early if they take the bus or trams. This team deserves fans staying the entire game.

So many excuses for not attending games is the Las Vegas way.. I would've killed for a UNLV football team that was competitive in a game, let alone dominating teams. I spent hours getting to and being at Sam Boyd over the course of my time in Vegas with teams that were straight bad. You have a team with 7 wins and could end up with as many as 11 or 12 if things played out perfectly and I hear people complaining that parking is too expensive or that they don't care for the bus or the game is too late or they cant leave early if they take the bus or trams. This team deserves fans staying the entire game.

Agree.

I’ll be at the Oregon vs SC game Sat that kicks at 730pm the start time will have zero affect on attendance which will be over 100% capacity with standing room only tickets and a large number of fans driving 2 hours from Portland. The game could start at 9am or 9pm and people would complain but they’d still be there.

UNLV BB used to have no problem selling out the Mack with 9pm Monday starts. I can’t think of a worse time or day of week but it didn’t matter.

There are always excuses if it’s a day game it’s too early a night game too late, SBS too far East, Alegiant parking.

It is interesting to me to see that people are online buying tickets at inflated prices on sites like stub hub when they could easily buy at a lower price directly from UNLV. I have also noticed that a lot of tickets have come back onto the market, including in an area that I wanted to sit which had no available seats a few days back when I bought tickets for the Wyoming game. Most likely they are returned tickets from Wyoming that were not purchased.

It is interesting to me to see that people are online buying tickets at inflated prices on sites like stub hub when they could easily buy at a lower price directly from UNLV. I have also noticed that a lot of tickets have come back onto the market, including in an area that I wanted to sit which had no available seats a few days back when I bought tickets for the Wyoming game. Most likely they are returned tickets from Wyoming that were not purchased.
Usually the visiting school has to turn in their pass list on Tuesday. As for the allotment the visiting school gets to sell to fans I think Tuesday of game week is also the date, and I may be mistaken on this often times will turn them back earlier if it looks like they will be nowhere close to selling them all as a courtesy to the home school. This of course is for home schools looking to get their hands on more tickets to sell.

Usually the visiting school has to turn in their pass list on Tuesday. As for the allotment the visiting school gets to sell to fans I think Tuesday of game week is also the date, and I may be mistaken on this often times will turn them back earlier if it looks like they will be nowhere close to selling them all as a courtesy to the home school. This of course is for home schools looking to get their hands on more tickets to sell.
It would be nice to get to the point that we only offer the minimum number of seats to the visiting team in the lower section, and then put the rest in one of the upper sections.

While I have no clue how the overall ticket sales are going to purchase directly from UNLV, it is obvious that the secondary markets have had a reasonable number of tickets sold (usually almost nothing is sold in the secondary market). While some of the prices on the secondary market are OK, it appears in some cases that people are paying significantly more than they need to pay. I have see prices on stubhub as high as $852/ea in section C134 (still can purchase directly from UNLV for $110), but I don't think those tickets will be sold!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT