ADVERTISEMENT

I come in peace

Ram Fan 95

Walk On
Dec 9, 2014
RebelFan - no trolling of flaming here, just a couple sincere thoughts and questions

First up, congrats on wrapping up the coaching search quickly. That is imperative with recruiting season in full swing. From the looks of it, you have a GREAT local coach looking to take the next step up. Nothing wrong with that, and for your sake and the sake of the conference strength, I hope improvement and success comes quickly. Ram Fans have been through that over the last couple years, and it is fun for all when all are better. We're also replacing our coach, but an air-tight search process leaves us with no official news on targets or progress.

Second, what is typically the appetite of UNLV fans to attend the Las Vegas bowl and root for the MWC team? Obviously, we're in it this year and playing Utah from the big bad Pac12. Does Las Vegas and UNLV Fan get behind attending one more football game in order to cheer for the conference affiliate? If yes, please buy your tickets from CSURAMS.com to support the official CSU and MWC ticket allocation.

Thanks in advance, appreciate your thoughts.

I'm a Las Vegas native and usually attend the LV Bowl about every other year. If I'm not actually there I catch it on TV. This year I do have tickets and will be there with several members of my family.

I root for the MWC team and obviously want CSU to win, but in regard to your question, for the most part we just attend the game and watch silently. We really won't be contributing much to the crowd noise by screaming and hollering. That passion has to come from the CSU fans that make the trip. If CSU loses I won't be devastated and if they win I won't be overly celebrating. I'm just there to see a football game. Good luck to the Rams, I hope they win and represent the MWC well.

Sad commentary when a guest has to title his thread "hands up don't shoot'"
roll.r191677.gif

Las Vegans usually buy tickets to the Las Vegas bowl from my experience and support the MWC team. I hope CSU finds a great coach as a replacement....maybe June Jones?
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by RebelSoldat:
Las Vegans usually buy tickets to the Las Vegas bowl from my experience and support the MWC team. I hope CSU finds a great coach as a replacement....maybe June Jones?
smile.r191677.gif
With the buyout they are getting from Florida for hiring away Gary Busey, I would think CSU would be in the market for a coach that can demand a higher salary than June Jones.

I don't hate him. I sure hate it when we have to play against that friggin' fun-n-shoot, tho. I understand why he left UH, but his early season bailout on SMU is somewhat troubling.

Originally posted by spudreb:
I don't hate him. I sure hate it when we have to play against that friggin' fun-n-shoot, tho. I understand why he left UH, but his early season bailout on SMU is somewhat troubling.
This. And I don't think one could argue that SMU has been less committed to football than UNLV.

I'm not hating on June Jones. In fact, he was my preferred choice to replace Hauck. All I'm saying is CSU is probably looking to spend more money on a head coach than Jone can command.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT