ADVERTISEMENT

Hunkie Cooper and Nicco Fertitta

Always nice to see locals on staff. Especially a "Fertitta". Also Cooper can help a lot with SoCal recruiting. Coach Odom making moves.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I guess copper is a new position director of player development and fertitta is defensive analyst so I’m guessing like quality control coach

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
CJ Pollard is a great addition to the staff. Young but has deep ties to Southern California and is a friend and mentor to a lot of kids. With Cooper and Pollard, expect more 3 and 4 star kids from LA/Southbay/OC to give us a serious look.

Last edited:
100 percent. And the right play ….

Absolutely..

I don't want to discount his football acumen. He very well may be a solid addition with what he brings in terms of coaching ability and even recruiting.

But you absolutely make that hire regardless if you think it could possibly help fill the war chest.

Absolutely..

I don't want to discount his football acumen. He very well may be a solid addition with what he brings in terms of coaching ability and even recruiting.

But you absolutely make that hire regardless if you think it could possibly help fill the war chest.
Well, we gave the keys to the program to an actual head coach in a similar manner ....

Good to see Hunk back. Still lol when I think about when him and his boys surrounded my friend who was a walk on punter from Morgan State after a Tommy Davidson show on campus, which may have resulted in knives being pulled and constant shenanigans in the dining commons for rest of year after that incident. And Jim Strong kicking the punter off the team haaha.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Really like what Harp is doing with the football program. Odom needs a new position for an important local piece of the puzzle, Harp makes it happen. I suspect this may be at the expense of MBB? CKK may be on his own.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
Really like what Harp is doing with the football program. Odom needs a new position for an important local piece of the puzzle, Harp makes it happen. I suspect this may be at the expense of MBB? CKK may be on his own.
I think with the numbers in basketball, there isn't a ton not NIL related that harper can be involved in fixing, short of just firing him, is there? Head man, 3 assistants, dobo, and video.

--- I know harper isn't officially mediating NIL, but offering support of a specific organization to deal with NIL yadda yadda yadda

And also, if there IS opportunity foe him to help our, he may sort of be passively avoiding it so he can find his own guy after another season (or two?). I'd love to see the hire Harp makes in basketball.

Hey mom, dad, we could use some NIL money...
Wonder if that was also part of how they came up with the money for Arroyo buyout and also the new contract package for Odom and “staff” smart move. Need to milk that resource as much as humanly possible.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Have no idea.

Good move..Agreed.
Good lard, I hope this is a good move. Football is very important ....let build this program.

Does getting Hunkie and Nico help with recruiting? I think it help a lot. I hope they bring some real talents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT