ADVERTISEMENT

Hogs Lose Linebackers Coach to UNLV

Woodard was only guaranteed a scholarship here at arkansas for 1 semester. He wants to play. Wasn’t going to happen here next year. I really like him and hope he ends up there.
Not a good attitude or quality to have. Loyalty is huge amongst us old school fans here. Somebody give you a scholarship stick with them. I hope we dont get him.

Not a good attitude or quality to have. Loyalty is huge amongst us old school fans here. Somebody give you a scholarship stick with them. I hope we dont get him.
That scholarship ran out at the end of this past semester. Sorry for not clarifying.

That scholarship ran out at the end of this past semester. Sorry for not clarifying.
Stick with the coach and team that give you a scholarship. Finish up your education unless he think the UNLV staff can guaranteed him a spot in the NFL draft, I dont want him.

Since when are we turning down SEC players?? Asking for a friend
If you want to be elite, you better have many elite people on your team. Your moral is the first.
There are many players from the SEC in the portal, just dont touch the Arkansas' players.

If you want to be elite, you better have many elite people on your team. Your moral is the first.
There are many players from the SEC in the portal, just dont touch the Arkansas' players.
They same thing as I never touch my 1st or 2nd cousins. No man.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Rebel702
If a player from an SEC school wants to follow coach Odom I really don't see any problem with it.
It is natural that they want to. Coach Odom should encourage them to stay at Arkansas unless they from Vegas and want to come home but other than that...no.

Reactions: Rebel1986
I will be sure to let him know you don’t want him and to look elsewhere
Whatever you say, AA Insider. The coaching staff seems like a bunch of good guys. If they poach from their former employer, I have to change my perspectives about them.

We are discussing a 3rd year walk on linebacker looking for playing time and a scholarship.
If Arkansas want him to stay, dont touch him. Simple as that. Dont do anything to harm Arkansas or their former employer in any form....I dont give a damn if he was a she and have a sex operation

• Wow
Reactions: LVRebel2000
These coaches are good enough to recruit their own players. Bobby Pretrino is a more than enough of a name to recruit. Dont need to poach from their former employer. Do some works.

Domineck is the one I would like to see here, we need real DE‘s who can rush the passer! Nothing against Plant but we need at least 2 guys better than him in a UNLV jersey!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Domineck is the one I would like to see here, we need real DE‘s who can rush the passer! Nothing against Plant but we need at least 2 guys better than him in a UNLV jersey!
The coaches will do whatever they want. I going to watch and evluate their morality.

The coaches will do whatever they want. I going to watch and evluate their morality.
Right, that's what wins games.

You should probably go watch individual sports exclusively then because it's the nature of the beast in today's world. Whether that be your career or sports, college OR pros, in ALL sports. You go where there is better pay or opportunity. Nothing wrong asking someone if they want to make a change. Don't buy a ****ing jersey cuz that guy whose name is on the back won't be on that team very long.

I get what you are saying Trip, but a dude that would lose his scholarship if he were to stay? That is a but much.
Its hard to say that is poaching if his current team won't award him a schollie again. He may have no choice but to transfer. In that case, why not?

Man, that is such a weird take. I understand the love of morality and loyalty. But the guys that this kid worked with for the last 3 years that he loved and was rewarded by have moved on and maybe the staff there doesn't want him anymore. Don't these coaches owe some loyalty to the player? Doesn't the player feel some sort of loyalty to the coaches? I don't understand how loyalty is only stay where you were recruited. Does the fact that Odom brought Scherer in from another staff mean that he's poaching a paid member of another staff and therefore is breaking a moral code?

We're talking about a walk-on who earned a half scholarship for a year because of his hard work and dedication. If this kid wants to go someplace else and wants to play for someone else like it's super weird to draw a moral equivalency line in the sand like that's a violation of loyalty to anyone.

I personally will take any arkansas player that wants to come here and won't feel bad for it or morally conflicted. (No offense AA, but you guys have talent to spare so don't be stingy

I respect your take Trip, but I definitely don't agree with it. And I hope the coaching staff doesn't abide by your code as I would find that morally strange.

If everyone operated within the parameters that you talk about, Trip, then I would be with you. But what is happening is common practice. You say the coaches can "get their own"... how do you know they didn't get these players, being as recruiting is built upon relationships? And would you want to be a part of denying these players a chance at a better opportunity, be it playing time or, in Woodard's case, simply a scholarship? And, if they can help us, so much the better. When Chris "Coach Pete" Petersen left BSU for Washington, he was beloved in Boise. But he took most of the staff and prized recruits with him, garnering himself the nickname "Poach Pete." Lots of fans were unhappy. But, guess what? Bryan Harsin came in and won a Fiesta Bowl the next season. A couple years later, Pete parlayed those recruits into what is still the Pac-12's only CFP appearance. So, things worked out all the way around. Like it or not, all it is is operating on a level playing field.

Has every right under current rules to go where he feels he can see the field more.

I view it no differently than somebody taking a job that pays more or results in better quality of life (time with family, work/leisure time balance)

It's not like Arkansas loses a scholarship.

You'd leave your current job tomorrow if a better opportunity presented itself.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT