ADVERTISEMENT

Hardy is Leaving

Was a good representative of the university. Wish him well but I think we will be ok without him. Lot's of new faces. Hopefully the coaching staff has recruited to their style of play.

Where would he go as grad transfer that would give him more time with his low shooting percentage? If his brother goes to Kentucky I would not see him getting many minutes there.

Dembele not returning due to injuries.
Who's next?
Diong?
Hamilton?
Tillman?
Coleman?

Last edited:
Man, I really liked Hardy. Hope he finds a great landing spot. And the guy that fills that void better be a complete Fing baller.

Down to one over scholarship limit. Will they have one go to prep school?

I have a feeling that there will be one more addition through the grad transfer route. I dont think we see Caleb Grill unless we see one or two of our current point guards look elsewhere.

No inside info here just a feeling based on what I perceive as Otz's personality and a genuine hatred of losing.

We assumed all along that Tilman would be out. You don't have to say, but just respond 1 for yes, 2 for no on whether that that is accurate :D
I’m thinking he will be gone. I’m thinking we will have a HS kid go prep. At least one. I’m thinking a HS kid won’t make it to campus. I’m thinking we will still add a player or two via transfer/5th year route.

It wasn’t effective quality recruiting at the beginning. Spare me some of the spouted spin about being a top 10 class. 100 x 1 is 100. 4x 20 is 80. In this case, 4>>>80.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Unless tillman tries to go pro, where can he go? He is not a senior and does not want to sit out a year. He has zero buzz to go pro also. He seems stuck.

I’m thinking he will be gone. I’m thinking we will have a HS kid go prep. At least one. I’m thinking a HS kid won’t make it to campus. I’m thinking we will still add a player or two via transfer/5th year route.

It wasn’t effective quality recruiting at the beginning. Spare me some of the spouted spin about being a top 10 class. 100 x 1 is 100. 4x 20 is 80. In this case, 4>>>80.
Any movement internally that you've heard of on rerecruiting Caleb Grill?

Screw Caleb Grill. He had his chance to come here.
I hadn't looked at stats at all, or known anything about his production. Figured there would have been at least a little mutual interest, but no idea if that's the case. Couldn't disagree more with the "he had his chance" mentality. Maybe not how I feel every time, but it is how I feel this time

I hadn't looked at stats at all, or known anything about his production. Figured there would have been at least a little mutual interest, but no idea if that's the case. Couldn't disagree more with the "he had his chance" mentality. Maybe not how I feel every time, but it is how I feel this time
I want the guys that want to be here. I read that TJO reached out to ISU about Grill. If he comes here now fine. Other than that **** him.

I would have liked to see how Hardy, Hamilton and Jenkins in a lineup at the same time would've played. They could've been a nightmare for opposing teams imo. I just hate losing a known commodity for a player who hasn't proven himself at this level. Wish Hardy the best.

How do the players like coach Otz? When Antonio came he said he was going where coach Otz went. And he left. And Hardy article said he wanted to stay but did not seem in the plans. And coach recruiting class with half the class seeming marginal. All adds up to me asking if he has a happy ship or not. In college sports you have to have kids half like you or they will let other players know not to come here.

How do the players like coach Otz? When Antonio came he said he was going where coach Otz went. And he left. And Hardy article said he wanted to stay but did not seem in the plans. And coach recruiting class with half the class seeming marginal. All adds up to me asking if he has a happy ship or not. In college sports you have to have kids half like you or they will let other players know not to come here.
Left is an assumption. If a player isn’t in the plans, do they leave or were they asked to find another school?

By all accounts, he’s tough on the players but he’s liked.

Getting past the entitlement of kids today is tough. He has to do it his way though. If he’s consistent with his application, he will whittle it down. If he’s not consistent, it’ll be a mess.

From the article it sounds like Hardy thought he should play point. I’ll be honest we have never looked good when he tried to run the point under withe coach. He may need to be a point to play in the NBA but he has not shown the ability to play point in college. I can see why he left, but I would be surprised if he ended up playing point at his next stop. Anyone else think he is a natural point like his dad?

From the article it sounds like Hardy thought he should play point. I’ll be honest we have never looked good when he tried to run the point under withe coach. He may need to be a point to play in the NBA but he has not shown the ability to play point in college. I can see why he left, but I would be surprised if he ended up playing point at his next stop. Anyone else think he is a natural point like his dad?
He has zero point guard in him.

With that funky shot of his, he even has less 2 guard than point. He does have shiftiness to get to hoop but cannot finish well since he is short and not a great leaper. If he wants to be handed point guard he will have to find a place where they got a total hole at point.

Looking at the list contacting him, you can’t help but think it is programs trying to get in with the family for his brother. There is no way he could go and play large minutes at point for Kentucky next year. I could see him as a solid role player at two off the bench for some of these programs. But it will probably be less usage then he would have gotten here for sure.

I saw the list of high major schools interested in Hardy. Any word on where he is leaning? I laughed in the write ups from other towns talking like he is a great shooter. He sure is not that.

At the beginning of the season he was the team leader, by the end of the season he was quickly dropping down the list and was no longer a team leader.

I look at Hardy as a valuable second point. He had no one to pass the ball to, a bunch of stone hands or poor drivers. At a Power 5 school with good SF's he will blossom. Just has to land on his feet and not his rear axle. Watching him he had great interior passing skills but stone hands and lack of slashers except for Hamilton did not help him.

Reactions: rebel5280
I look at Hardy as a valuable second point. He had no one to pass the ball to, a bunch of stone hands or poor drivers. At a Power 5 school with good SF's he will blossom. Just has to land on his feet and not his rear axle. Watching him he had great interior passing skills but stone hands and lack of slashers except for Hamilton did not help him.
He can only dribble with one hand and go one way. If he goes in his weak direction, he always shifts back, either with a cross or behind the back. His vision is poor and he’s not a great passer.

He’s an off guard through and through. He has value, for sure, but not as a point guard. The ball is constantly pounded when he has it, the offense has zero ball movement, no flow, stagnancy. He’s not a PG by any stretch.

Hardy going to unlv north (oregon) per espn ticker. Hardy, Juice, Moser to duck over the years right off top of my head

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT