ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on Tony Sanchez from Fox Sports

Huskyfan07

Walk On
Feb 6, 2008
Long-time reader/Reb supporter but this is my first time posting. I usually just read other's stuff, but this was too good to pass up.

Found a great article from Fox Sports on Tony Sanchez is really good and interesting.

Great article on Tony Sanchez's hiring
This post was edited on 12/12 3:49 PM by Huskyfan07

Love that article! The only thing worse than sucking is being boring and sucking, and we've been plenty of both for a couple of generations. Glad to see the TS hire is causing some people to, at least, sit up and say, "WTF?" A few wins - which I believe we will see - will only add to the intrigue.

Thanks for posting, Huskyfan07.

You realize he is talking about watching the team in passing while you are stuck watching it for at least 48 games with 2 million dollars dedicated to the project.

I have a buyers remorse like feeling seeing the guaranteed money linked.

You have a coach whose key recruiting pitch is: 'I was the coach at Bishop Gorman High School and we went undefeated, they called that team the best high school team in the nation. This is my first college coaching job but I did play at New Mexico St and I am really motivated.'

That flies for one recruiting cycle which mean he has to win now.

It is also the weakest recruiting angle in the Mountain West, nearly every coach has been the bowl games.
Wyoming's coach won an two FCS championships, San Jose's won FCS league titles, New Mexico's was the head man at Notre Dame, Idaho has a Petrino and Hawaii's Norm Chow is Norm Chow. New Mexico State actually is the only weak situation in the region with a 9 year head coach with 0 bowl berths or winning seasons.

As we won't beat out anyone in the Pac 10 for a player with their who's who of coaches, this can be extremely bad and fast if his goal isn't solely to recruit raw talent by the instincts and athletic numbers develop them. He needs to scurry the no star and unlisted talent to find players with speed, quickness and/or unusual strength to make his own stars.

He has to keep the current players and develop them, the next four years will depend on him making these guys into a real team. If he can win 4-6 games next year, he will have something to build off of. Anything less, then this will be a long four years.

I know I'm not going to earn any brownie points for my opinions but am just calling it how I see it.

Will, have you read what was written in the "vault"? It is a lot better than what you're thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT