ADVERTISEMENT

Grambling State

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
It is probably a good thing we are not playing Grambling State next year. They went 11-1 this year. They would probably man handle our guys. We couldn’t even beat Howard for crying out loud!

It is probably a good thing we are not playing Grambling State next year. They went 11-1 this year. They would probably man handle our guys. We couldn’t even beat Howard for crying out loud!
Grambling State just lost to NC A&T today which leaves them with losses to the two tough teams that they played. Point being that Grambling really isn't that much better than Howard who played a FAR tougher schedule. Grambling State is graduating 15 starters including their offensive player of the year and defensive player of the year. Their graduating QB, Devante Kincade, is also the SWAC Player of the year, is a 1st string HBCU All American and a Finalist for the Walter Payton Award [Heisman for non-FBS players].

FWIW, Caylin Newton was named the HBCU Freshman of the year and is a finalist for the Jerry Rice Freshman of the Year Award.

We lost to Howard because of Baer, Larussa, rookie mistakes by a RS Frosh in his first game and some freakishly bad ball handling. Baer & Larussa are gone. Armani will be a Soph returning starter and I doubt that we'll see an open and untouched WR fumble the ball on the way to a winning TD again. We would smoke Grambling State next season. No doubt in my mind.

We will most likely still play them since they have a $600K contract to play us.

I expect it will be the Aug 31, 2019 date that we were originally scheduled to play USC before they requested the change to Sept 1, 2018.
I've since heard that it is intended to be played in either 2019 or 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT