ADVERTISEMENT

Glass is 1/8 Full

bigwildogs

Lottery Pick
Aug 20, 2011
I'm going to be the optimist here for a second (which takes some effort) . . .

It's almost impossible to be in a worse place than we were a year ago. Spurned/used by two high profile coaches and the entire team out the door at the same time. Which is why we had the horrific season we did.

This team is frustrating. But there are some really good pieces. Both Hardy and Diong could be really, really good. Juiston is a very productive, high motor player who is fun to watch. Beck has the makings of a very solid four-year player.

The thing that's killing us more than anything else is SG and SF where we are stuck with stop gap players from the lost year. Woodbury and Bryce Hamilton (assuming we keep him in the fold) are solid recruits designed to fill that void.

Are we anywhere near where we want to be? Obviously and clearly not. But there are some building blocks to get there, and you can see a team building plan. It's hard to be patient when I'm up at midnight in Florida watching us blow it against teams like Fresno . . . but I can see the potential for this to be headed in the right direction. But it won't happen overnight, and it's probably irresponsible to expect it to given where we ended up last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News