ADVERTISEMENT

Fun weekend in Logan!

YellowSpinE

Lottery Pick
Jan 4, 2007
Saratoga Spings, UT
Had a lot of fun in Logan over the weekend. Wife and I have an old friend that moved there 2 years ago. Had no idea it was homecoming, so they had a parade and everything for us. Fun little market on main street. The country hillbilly band that was playing was quite good. With all the buzz in a small college town on game day. We grabbed a 130 lbs pumpkin for $20. And then we won another 76 lbs pumpkin which prompted us to go crazy and by another $30 in pumpkins since they were a good price. Ate some good food.

We were able to park 300 feet from the gate for only $10. Then, to my surprise, where we walked into the stadium was right above where our seats were. Which by some dumb luck we sat right next to the visitor section (high 5 Rebels!). How lucky could all that be!! Then the game started with the first 5 minutes being great. The remainder of the game we need not talk about. The rain started around the 2nd qtr mixed with hail. Got cold very fast. Left with I forget how much time left in the 4th (probably most of it).

So. Our 2nd trip to Logan for UNLV sports. Last year our BB team lost. FB team got run out of the house. Hey, at least the players got to play with those cute little motivational signs on 3rd down!

At least it was still a fun weekend in small town USA with a bit of good ol Americana.

Had a lot of fun in Logan over the weekend. Wife and I have an old friend that moved there 2 years ago. Had no idea it was homecoming, so they had a parade and everything for us. Fun little market on main street. The country hillbilly band that was playing was quite good. With all the buzz in a small college town on game day. We grabbed a 130 lbs pumpkin for $20. And then we won another 76 lbs pumpkin which prompted us to go crazy and by another $30 in pumpkins since they were a good price. Ate some good food.

We were able to park 300 feet from the gate for only $10. Then, to my surprise, where we walked into the stadium was right above where our seats were. Which by some dumb luck we sat right next to the visitor section (high 5 Rebels!). How lucky could all that be!! Then the game started with the first 5 minutes being great. The remainder of the game we need not talk about. The rain started around the 2nd qtr mixed with hail. Got cold very fast. Left with I forget how much time left in the 4th (probably most of it).

So. Our 2nd trip to Logan for UNLV sports. Last year our BB team lost. FB team got run out of the house. Hey, at least the players got to play with those cute little motivational signs on 3rd down!

At least it was still a fun weekend in small town USA with a bit of good ol Americana.
I’ve never been up there but it looks beautiful. Have been to Provo a few times and it’s never been a good trip in terms of results, but it’s gorgeous as well. I’ve always loved Utah.

Glad you had a good time. We had a good time in Arkansas and I’m sure we will in Tennessee next year, win or lose.

Yea the prior UNLV Football I went to was at West Virginia. Lived in VA at the time. My dad and I made the road trip. Was good times. Again minus the curb stomping. Have a nice photo with us and the Mountain Man mascot somewhere.

TN I'm sure will be fantastic for you all. Pretty country and there is a lot of fun things to do in that area. Wife wants to go to Nashville, maybe we should plan on that game also.

Made that trip to Logan in Hauck's final year. Sunny, windy day and - surprise! - we got our butts beat. My son was a student video guy back then. He said he saw Blake Decker in the locker room afterwards and said it looked like he was wearing camouflage, he had so many bruises and welts all over.

The Cache Valley is beautiful this time of year. The stadium isn't real big and there's not a bad seat in the house. And everyone is so nice. We were thanked multiple times by just average fans for making the trip. Unlike Reno, Joe Fan in Logan knows the value of visiting fans to his community and wants you to come back.

I went to a BB game in Logan way back (Evric left me tickets so maybe '92 or '93?), it was right after a huge storm the snow banks were so high you couldnt see over them to the street from the sidewalks. It was very cold, UNLV won and was a fun trip in a cool college town. I remember after the game we went to buy beer (USU is the party school in Utah) and there was a line out the door at 7-11with others doing the same.

I’m from Vegas and went to Utah State, I love it in Logan. Looking back not sure how I handled the miserable winters up there, March-Oct is amazing up there. I did one year of football and three years of track and field, it amazes me how many upgrades they done with all sports and all the facilities up there in a small college town of 100,000 but can’t do any of that here in Vegas until recently with the upcoming practice facility.

I’m from Vegas and went to Utah State, I love it in Logan. Looking back not sure how I handled the miserable winters up there, March-Oct is amazing up there. I did one year of football and three years of track and field, it amazes me how many upgrades they done with all sports and all the facilities up there in a small college town of 100,000 but can’t do any of that here in Vegas until recently with the upcoming practice facility.
I envy the college town atmosphere, I really do. We are a few blocks in a corporate big business city now so that unique charm isn’t there. It’s neat to see a town rally around game day, businesses shut down or cater to the attendees. It’s all about one thing on game day. Would be very cool to live out.

And to see yellow, golds and oranges ... white is cool but I couldn’t take it long term.

The city itself needs to get with it. Maybe put shit up on the strip (like flags, banners, whatever) lightpoles promoting UNLV football. Do something to bring the university and city together. THAT could be a great start

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT