ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State (-11.5) @ UNLV Today

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
We have an early game in Vegas today. 12:30 PM start on CBS Sports. Don’t know if we’ll win but I think UNLV should be able to keep this one close at least. I expect the offense to take another step forward.

Yeah the Defense is still terrible. 3 bad games but I hope to see some small improvements as the season goes on. The D struggled last year too so I wasn’t expecting that to change significantly over night.

The offense had a few nice drives but overall it wasn’t a good day. Max had some great runs but I’m not sure if he can make enough throws to win a game.

Reactions: willlevi
Yeah the Defense is still terrible. 3 bad games but I hope to see some small improvements as the season goes on. The D struggled last year too so I wasn’t expecting that to change significantly over night.

The offense had a few nice drives but overall it wasn’t a good day. Max had some great runs but I’m not sure if he can make enough throws to win a game.
It’s great that he ran so well, but it was a necessity for a poor passing game.

We aren’t good, can’t candy coat it. Time will tell. But no reason to think we can buck the history trend of being poor though, aside from blind faith.

Just read a Jeff Waddilove tweet stating that 20 players are still on the roster but aren't playing for one reason or another. For me the most notable is Ferrell Hester as our linebacking corp is really sucking. When Vegas Vic is our starting MLB we are in serious shit! But in other news I really like some of the Freshmen. Gilliam's main weakness showed up tonight which is his passing or lack thereof. 2 interceptions and missed on a wide open td toss early in the game.
But hey, we are the Rebels! Is it basketball season yet?

Looking at the rest of the schedule I just don't see how we win a game this season. San Jose State is really good this year. Next week will be difficult.

Amazing that we are right in the middle of the football season, we just had a home loss and this is only the 17th post on the game thread.

To me, this shows that if there was a conference we could get into that allowed us to play competitive basketball without a football team very few would actually care if football went away.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Amazing that we are right in the middle of the football season, we just had a home loss and this is only the 17th post on the game thread.

To me, this shows that if there was a conference we could get into that allowed us to play competitive basketball without a football team very few would actually care if football went away.
Yeah, we are unique in that manner. A few would scream their heads off ... even if it were a large percentage screaming their heads off, it’d still amount to a tiny number.

I don’t want it, I like college football. But UNLV fans don’t clamor for it.

What are people supposed to say? Our defense flat out sucks. Play calling became predictable and we couldn't move the ball in the fourth quarter. They depended to much on Williams but Fresno knew that and they focused on him. As the game went in our O line got worn out. We have lots to work on.
For me it is a bye year. Let coach start instituting his system, let his players get a year under their belt. I am hopefully we will be more competitive next year and hopefully the recruiting keeps improving.
It is like a broken record, just keeps on repeating itself. I do think there are a bunch of fans that watch and follow the Rebels but no need to come say the same things game after game after game......

Reactions: willlevi and tomrut
ADVERTISEMENT