ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno ranked !

BornRebelRed

UNLV Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2007
Fresno State comes to Sam Boyd as a ranked team. Funny how just two years ago they were 1-11. Didn’t matter to their coach. He didn’t need four or five years to “get his guys in there”. He didn’t need to “build” the program one step at a time. Boom, horrible to ranked in his third year. Did you see that Tony? Quit making excuses. Get the job done. Now... I have had it...

Fresno State comes to Sam Boyd as a ranked team. Funny how just two years ago they were 1-11. Didn’t matter to their coach. He didn’t need four or five years to “get his guys in there”. He didn’t need to “build” the program one step at a time. Boom, horrible to ranked in his third year. Did you see that Tony? Quit making excuses. Get the job done. Now... I have had it...
And that’s in football.... much harder.

But watch, we will beat them :). Our WTF game.

Reactions: dcut03
And that’s in football.... much harder.

But watch, we will beat them :). Our WTF game.
Especially if Fresno players announce that they are on a “business trip”. Boy, I liked the sound of that when I first heard it five or so years ago, but talk about hogwash. It’s all talk, throwing out catch phrase to fire up the fans.

Especially if Fresno players announce that they are on a “business trip”. Boy, I liked the sound of that when I first heard it five or so years ago, but talk about hogwash. It’s all talk, throwing out catch phrase to fire up the fans.

Brotherman. I really like and respect you but I see this loss as one that will be disturbing. This and the rest of the season will be the end of Tony budget or not.

He didn’t need four or five years to “get his guys in there”. He didn’t need to “build” the program one step at a time.

This is a drastically unfair comparison, Fresno State (who has a quality history long and short term... let's not forget only 6 years ago they were a one-loss team that SJSU beat to pop them out of BCS contention... and long-term administrative support) is not UNLV. I recognize that nobody wants this to be the truth, but the kind of life support that this program has been on for more than a decade... kinda like 8 years for every 10 during the past 35 years... it not comparable to almost anybody and expecting Jeff Tedford level success by just about anybody is not fair.

This is a drastically unfair comparison, Fresno State (who has a quality history long and short term... let's not forget only 6 years ago they were a one-loss team that SJSU beat to pop them out of BCS contention... and long-term administrative support) is not UNLV. I recognize that nobody wants this to be the truth, but the kind of life support that this program has been on for more than a decade... kinda like 8 years for every 10 during the past 35 years... it not comparable to almost anybody and expecting Jeff Tedford level success by just about anybody is not fair.

You may be right Bro but it should now be obvious TS is not getting it done. The quality of play and game time coaching is some of the worst in the country. I have been backing TS until the NMU game and since.

I’m a bug Gorman /Sanchez guy. Really thought he was our guy. I see no on field improvement... I see dumb mistakes. I see no flair. No excitement. We are VERY vanilla on offense. There is NOO excuse for STILL being in last place place. Give me a break...

I’m a bug Gorman /Sanchez guy. Really thought he was our guy. I see no on field improvement... I see dumb mistakes. I see no flair. No excitement. We are VERY vanilla on offense. There is NOO excuse for STILL being in last place place. Give me a break...
I never thought he was going to be the long term answer ... not because he was a HS coach .... but because nobody has righted this ship aside from a eyeblink in time. Don’t know that it could be done with things as they are. We were in better overall shape in the early 2000’s than now...

We will get into decent shape with the stadium.

But we HAD to hire Sanchez. Yes, on paper it’ll go down on TMK’s resume as another fk up in terms of success, but UNLV had to so what they did. The Fertitas offered up too much. Losing and get nothing in return is far worse than losing and getting something significant in return.

Reactions: Sam-I-am and tomrut
I think we wouldn't be much better if Tedford had come here
Likely would have done worse. For God's sake, the difference in local recruiting pools is massive. Fresno is in an ocean of talent and we're Lake Mead. Then add in their superior facilities, fan support, tradition, etc and it's no contest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT